User Avatar Image

Will Lilly Leave the Group?

posted by The Jubster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Major spoilers for both The Governor story arc in the comics and Episode 2 of the game await

You know, being a long-time reader of the comics (Although I stopped reading at Issue 48), I almost feel ashamed of myself to have not realised that Lilly from the game was Lilly from the comics, the same woman who:

SPOILERS

Kills both Lori Grimes and then The Governor, and also appears in The Walking Dead novel series .

/SPOILERS

Now, in the comics, Lilly resides in the town of Woodbury, home of The Governor, arch-nemesis of Rick Grimes. In The Walking Dead game series, the group are rumoured to end up in Woodbury in the 3rd episode. Now, this begs the question, will Lilly leave? Almost certainly yes, unless the group returns to Woodbury later in the series, something I find highly doubtful.

If so, why will she leave? Whilst I was playing Episode 2, I was certain that Larry would die in Woodbury, thus causing Lilly to leave the group in a kind-of, "None of you tried to save him" way. Then I finished Episode 2. So, what DOES cause her to leave. The next logical answer would be everyone siding with Kenny, but what if you side with her like I did? (FYI, I sided with Kenny the entire time up until the scene in the Meat Locker with Larry).

So, what do y'all think?

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lilly. Oh God...Lilly... :(

Oh, sorry about that. I've been playing Katawa Shoujo. :p

Anyway, yeah, I think it's a given that Lilly's going to leave. Canon demands it. Same reason Shawn died and Glenn left for Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up leaving in the next episode, in fact.

• Well, it's established in the canon that Lily ends up in Woodbury. I think it will be the constant confrontations with Kenny that convinces her to stay. It's going to suck for those who have generally sided with her over Kenny thus far.

It's really interesting to speculate on how it will all pan out.

• Ah, that's a good question. I am almost certain that yes, she's going to quit the group.

She'll probaly feel alone because of her dad's death, and will leave a note saying something. I guess the note will depend on the player's choice...

Edit: I put my votes on the note. If she says to everyone that she's going to leave, we should have an optionto choose who we should follow. Specially to the player's who sided with her.

Unless she says that she want to be alone. But I don't know... It just feels unlikely. Again, specially if you sided with her.

• @Lin001 said:
    She'll probaly feel alone because of her dad's death, and will leave a note saying something. I guess the note will depend on the player's choice...

That would be a very cool and fitting way to see her leave. I will say that I haven't read Rise of the Governor, but I know it gives many more details on the people of Woodbury's lives, both pre-apocalypse and post. Perhaps it sketches out a few details as to how Lilly ended up there?

• @The Jubster said: That would be a very cool and fitting way to see her leave. I will say that I haven't read Rise of the Governor, but I know it gives many more details on the people of Woodbury's lives, both pre-apocalypse and post. Perhaps it sketches out a few details as to how Lilly ended up there?

I haven't read it either. Actually, I didn't even know it existed. But... I don't know. I really think that they hadn't in mind include Lilly in a game while they are in that part of the comic. So unless this thing is recently, I hardly doubt it... :(

• or what if she is captured? trapped by something even caught by yet another conveniant cameo ? michone ?

or the group splits up rv and train and lilly doesn't make it? she disapears...

• @The Jubster said: That would be a very cool and fitting way to see her leave. I will say that I haven't read Rise of the Governor, but I know it gives many more details on the people of Woodbury's lives, both pre-apocalypse and post. Perhaps it sketches out a few details as to how Lilly ended up there?

Nope, there's no Lily in The Rise of the Governor. It's strictly the story of how the Governor gets to Woodbury. The Road to Woodbury may have her in it though, as that's more about how the Governor came to power.

What a backwards way to title those books. Seriously. The Rise of the Governor should be called the Road to Woodbury, since it actually tells of his journey to Woodbury. The second book would definitely be more accurate if titled The Rise of the Gov, since, well, it's actually about the governor's rise to power in Woodbury, not the road there...

• @Moragami said: Nope, there's no Lily in The Rise of the Governor. It's strictly the story of how the Governor gets to Woodbury. The Road to Woodbury may have her in it though, as that's more about how the Governor came to power.

What a backwards way to title those books. Seriously. The Rise of the Governor should be called the Road to Woodbury, since it actually tells of his journey to Woodbury. The second book would definitely be more accurate if titled The Rise of the Gov, since, well, it's actually about the governor's rise to power in Woodbury, not the road there...

I see. From what I hear Rise of the Gov also sheds some more light on the Wiltshire Estate, a criminally underused location in the comics. I am interested in reading them, it's just they're quite hard to find in the UK, PLUS, like I said, I stopped reading the comics at Issue 48.

But yes, Episode 3 would make for a very neat segway into The Road to Woodbury, particularly if Lilly is given the same amount of importance as The Governor. Aah, Kirkman, you've all got it planned out!

• @Milosuperspesh said: or what if she is captured? trapped by something even caught by yet another conveniant cameo ? michone ?

or the group splits up rv and train and lilly doesn't make it? she disapears...

Well, could be that too. But then, people would want to know how she escaped of those bandits and went to Woodbury.

• I don't think she leaves. I think she gets separated somehow.

Add Comment