User Avatar Image

Do other Season Pass buyers feel taken advantage of?

posted by CiscoKidd81 on - last edited - Viewed by 497 users

I feel like TellTale pretty much gave a big middle finger to all the season pass buyers who bought the entire game on the PC/XBOX/PS3.

At he time of purchase it was implied that PC/XBOX/PS3 updates would be monthly. Every other TellTale game gas been completed first then ported for the iOS.

Now that it's clear TellTale is deploying the iOS episodes in sequence with the PC/XBOX/PS3 episodes it almost looks like the company took all of the PC user money upfront then put us on the back burner as they go after iOS customers. Fully knowing that PC uses would expect updates fairly quick as we have in the past. Now we have to wait in line for the iOS version before the next PC episode release.

I just figured the PC version would get priority and finished first then the entire game would be ported to iOS like the other TT games.

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I agree, but I was under the impression that the delay was caused as much by the PS3 and 360 versions as the iOS. I know Microsoft has a clause that states that if you don't release your game on XboxLive at the same time as or before anywhere else they reserve the right to not release your game on their system. I'm not sure if the PS3 has something similar but it wouldn't surprise me.

The Walking Dead episode 2 was ready around the time it should have been but it was delayed by about three weeks because the console versions were going through the authoring process. It used to be that the PC version of a Telltale game would be released as soon as it is finished and the console versions would be released many weeks later when the authoring process was complete, but now it seems the PC version isn't being released until the console versions are which makes me wonder if Telltale is being screwed over by Microsoft and Sony, being told they are not allowed to release the game on PC first.

It could also be they are delaying the PC version by choice to appease the console fans, but that would have been very hard to do with everyone raging hard about the delay.

@CiscoKidd81 said: Every other TellTale game gas been completed first then ported for the iOS.

Actually, I believe Law & Order was made for iOS first and then ported to PC.

• @CiscoKidd81 said: I feel like TellTale pretty much gave a big middle finger to all the season pass buyers who bought the entire game on the PC/XBOX/PS3.

You can't buy the pass for 360.

Now that it's clear TellTale is deploying the iOS episodes in sequence with the PC/XBOX/PS3 episodes it almost looks like the company took all of the PC user money upfront then put us on the back burner as they go after iOS customers.

That's hard to believe since the ios users just now got episode 1.

Fully knowing that PC uses would expect updates fairly quick as we have in the past.

Updates? What exactly do you mean here? Patches? Telltale don't patch their games sadly. Actual news? Telltale are usually better at that sure, but its not like they just flat out ignore us completely until release. The actual episodes? It seems pretty obvious that the delays in episodes are because Telltale were over-confident with their abilities and didn't realize how hard it is to make your decisions matter.

Now we have to wait in line for the iOS version before the next PC episode release.
    Where did you get that? We got 2 episodes before the first iOS episode came out, and then before that we were told up front that episode 3 would be mid-august, not at all from the iOS port.

I just figured the PC version would get priority and finished first then the entire game would be ported to iOS like the other TT games.
    Well that seems rather false since TT go for unified releases. Sam and Max for instance got the first episode iOS a week before PC users. Law and Order as well.

• I do feel a little taken advantage of. I did say I would get monthly episode releases. It's been almost 4 months now and there are only 2 episodes. I would have still purchased it if they said, "new episodes will be available as soon as we complete them. Our goal is to have them ready monthly."

• No I feel fine. I knew it was an episodic game since a played 2 games in the past from TTG so I knew what to expect from them.

I don't mind it this way but I know most people like to play the game right away then waiting for each level of the game.

• With episode releases not so. But that discount at the steam sales did feel like a stab in the back. Maybe next time I might buy a game if it is nearing it's end or during a steam sale.

• No, I do not feel as if I have been taken advantage of, mainly because every other game that I have played takes much, much, MUCH longer to release. Dragon Age III was JUST announced to be under development, a year and a half after DA2 was released. Two months of waiting is child's play compared to that.

Also, the quality of the game (in my opinion, having almost NO bugs or glitches while playing on my PC) has been great. The story is interesting and engaging, the environment is rich and immersing - if I have to wait an extra four weeks to continue to have such a product, than so be it.

As far as broken promises go, the time delay is the last on my list of things that I will complain about. I'd seriously rather wait for great game than play a mediocre one right now. It doesn't bother me that (like nearly everything else in life), it is taking longer than they had initially expected.

• heh, i'm not even pissed at the delays

i'm angered that i lost all my original saves on ps3 and it took them a month to even acknowledge there was a problem

• @marcu5 said: heh, i'm not even pissed at the delays

i'm angered that i lost all my original saves on ps3 and it took them a month to even acknowledge there was a problem

I'm with ya on that. I'll feel taken advantage of if each episode is a 2 month wait; which is the way it's turning out to be. They did some things wrong and IMO should have had at least 3 or 4 of the episodes complete when they released the first. I feel more like a paying beta tester than a customer.

I love the game, but some of the decisions you make don't seem to change much and you're not really given very many options. I wish it had more depth, but it is what it is. Despite all of the bullshit, I would buy TWD season 2 if they made it, but I would wait for the finished product before they got my money.

• @WadeTheButcher said: I'm with ya on that. I'll feel taken advantage of if each episode is a 2 month wait; which is the way it's turning out to be. They did some things wrong and IMO should have had at least 3 or 4 of the episodes complete when they released the first. I feel more like a paying beta tester than a customer.

I love the game, but some of the decisions you make don't seem to change much and you're not really given very many options. I wish it had more depth, but it is what it is. Despite all of the bullshit, I would buy TWD season 2 if they made it, but I would wait for the finished product before they got my money.

exactly, i've never played a "finished product" that was so buggy in my life. i enjoy the game but it should have been 80% complete before the release date.

• eh
    i'm fine waiting more time if it means better quality
    i completely get it though, don't get me wrong - had i encountered bugs too after having to wait an extra month, i'd be pissed too
    it's just i'd rather wait a little longer than rush them to release an incomplete product and then complain that it's incomplete

This discussion has been closed.