User Avatar Image

(Ep.2 SPOILERS!) Did anyone actually kill the St. John. Brothers?

posted by Christoaster on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

I know the majority of you didn't kill the St. John. Brothers, but I was wondering if anyone did? To be honest, I did. It thought it wouldn't matter if they were dead or not, they would still be walker bait. I wanted the brothers to have a taste of their own medicine. Who knows all the people they killed? Seeing all the blood in the slaughter room tells me they killed a lot of people.

The St. John. brothers planned on killing the group, and I just couldn't let such threats live on. I don't care the circumstances. The only regret I have for killing the St. John. Farmers is how it affected Clementine. I hate for Clementine to see me killing both brothers. I wonder how much it really affects her later on in the episodes. My Lee would do anything for the sake of the groups survival, and killing the Brothers assured the safety to the group that much more to me, even if they were very weak and trapped. Having them killed gave me a feelings that no one else can be affected by them again. So what are your guys take on this?

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah theres two threads about them with VIOLENT arguing about why anyone who didnt kill them are morons.

  • I didn't hesitate to kill the St. John brothers at the first opportunity I had. I regret the traumatic outcome it may have had on Clem (if any), but those two had to go.

  • @CapnJay said: Yeah theres two threads about them with VIOLENT arguing about why anyone who didnt kill them are morons.

    What??? You didn't kill them??? Are you an idiot conservative lizard???

  • It's choices like this in games that I would love to see more of but that also disappoint me.

    I feel any option should be a negative one in this case. However sparing Andy and Dan makes you seem more heroic in the eyes of Clem. Why exactly does that happen when you've killed their mother, left one in a bear trap and the other beaten, bloodied and demoralized as walkers take over the entire property?

    You've sentenced them to death or at the very least destroyed everything they once had in one fell swoop which in its' own right would likely bring about their premature deaths. It might have been necessary but hardly what I would consider heroic. Perhaps I'm putting to much Goku in my Lee or something.

  • @Atarius said: It's choices like this in games that I would love to see more of but that also disappoint me.

    I feel any option should be a negative one in this case. However sparing Andy and Dan makes you seem more heroic in the eyes of Clem. Why exactly does that happen when you've killed their mother, left one in a bear trap and the other beaten, bloodied and demoralized as walkers take over the entire property?

    You've sentenced them to death or at the very least destroyed everything they once had in one fell swoop which in its' own right would likely bring about their premature deaths. It might have been necessary but hardly what I would consider heroic. Perhaps I'm putting to much Goku in my Lee or something.

    Does it really count as killing her when she walks into the mouth of a walker?

    I'm sure the forums greatest arguers could present a legal case one why it is and isn't lees fault

  • @CapnJay said: Yeah theres two threads about them with VIOLENT arguing about why anyone who didnt kill them are morons.

    Really? A link to the threads would be nice.

  • @CapnJay said: Does it really count as killing her when she walks into the mouth of a walker?

    It actually doesn't. Lee was lucky enough to have Marks walker come in just in time. So technically, you didn't kill her, Marks walker did. You just lured her in.

  • @Christoaster said: Really? A link to the threads would be nice.

    Here you are:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30618

    I do believe that this was the first thread about the brothers. Can't find the other one, though.

  • @Zeruis said: Here you are:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30618

    I do believe that this was the first thread about the brothers. Can't find the other one, though.

    Thank you. Well I made a thread and shared my opinion. Well, the guy who made this thread was single minded and came off as arrogant in his post. I'd say I'm a bit more generous in my post. I'm just sharing my reasons why I killed the brothers. Not getting pissed at the people who didn't kill them.

    I think the main reason people didn't kill them was because of Clementine. They didn't want Clementine to witness him kill them. Another reason I think, is because people aren't going to lose their humanity and kill someone in this 'new' world, which I can argue with, but hey that's an opinion others have.

  • This topic was made before I did in my Doug save file. Since what they did to Mark the both deserved to die. I know it might be hard for Clem to watch but I think it had to be done. In my 2nd Doug save I left both to live and killed them in my Carly save.

Add Comment