User Avatar Image

(Ep.2 SPOILERS!) Did anyone actually kill the St. John. Brothers?

posted by Christoaster on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

I know the majority of you didn't kill the St. John. Brothers, but I was wondering if anyone did? To be honest, I did. It thought it wouldn't matter if they were dead or not, they would still be walker bait. I wanted the brothers to have a taste of their own medicine. Who knows all the people they killed? Seeing all the blood in the slaughter room tells me they killed a lot of people.

The St. John. brothers planned on killing the group, and I just couldn't let such threats live on. I don't care the circumstances. The only regret I have for killing the St. John. Farmers is how it affected Clementine. I hate for Clementine to see me killing both brothers. I wonder how much it really affects her later on in the episodes. My Lee would do anything for the sake of the groups survival, and killing the Brothers assured the safety to the group that much more to me, even if they were very weak and trapped. Having them killed gave me a feelings that no one else can be affected by them again. So what are your guys take on this?

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It seems to me that your approach to this question depends on how important you think the relationship is between Lee and Clem. I think she represents his conscience. It's like he didn't have a conscience before he met her, or it was damaged because of what happened in his past. Now if he does right in her eyes, he is redeeming himself.

So obviously Lee killing the brothers with his own hands is much worse in Clem's eyes than if he just leaves them to fend for themselves against the walkers. Yes, they die either way, but at least the blood isn't on Lee's hands.

The most obvious example of Clem being Lee's conscience is the car at the end of Ep 2. Clem rarely speaks her mind to the whole group, but here she emphatically contradicts their plan to steal from the car. I was all for taking the food until she spoke up so unexpectedly like that. It was like Lee's conscience saying "wait dude, this is wrong."

• I did kill them. Didn't even hesitate. Skewered Danny after he said I couldn't do it after my hesitation in killing Jolene.

Shot Andrew after the tussle. I considered it a mercy kill after I broke him by saying his mom and brother were dead. Better than being eaten alive by the Walkers.

Didn't expect to have Clem see me kill Danny though, but after that I couldn't just half ass it. So I killed them both. Not even a single regret.

• Did any one find the rope for the swing on the first try?I did not even bother to look there.Second time i played the game i did.:)

• @NickPope said: Did any one find the rope for the swing on the first try?I did not even bother to look there.Second time i played the game i did.:)

missed it first time around then capn jay mentioned it and i found it ;)

• missed it my first time but a walkthrough i found told me where it was. so i shared it here.

• I found it first time; I saw the swing and figured helping check the fence would further the plot. So I spoke to everyone first that would likely have nothing to do with that and checked the areas around you're allowed to check.

• hell yea i did them bastards for eating humans. if you want to see watch my playthrough very good. cant wait for Episode 3 i got the season pass so hoepflly it comes out this week so then i can one of the few to upload it fast

• @Yorec said: I did kill them. Didn't even hesitate. Skewered Danny after he said I couldn't do it after my hesitation in killing Jolene.

Shot Andrew after the tussle. I considered it a mercy kill after I broke him by saying his mom and brother were dead. Better than being eaten alive by the Walkers.

Didn't expect to have Clem see me kill Danny though, but after that I couldn't just half ass it. So I killed them both. Not even a single regret.

How do you get the shoot option for Andrew I could only see the kick to the fence or walk away option

• @itwasmoi said: How do you get the shoot option for Andrew I could only see the kick to the fence or walk away option

To shoot Andy, you must wait until Lilly shoots him/Lee pushes him back so that you have an option to punch his face. If you don't do anything, he starts beating you and Lee throws him at the electric fence. Then you have an option to shoot him.

• Honestly i wanted to kill Andy so bad, but then it hit me that it would be even worse to let his mother which do you see coming after him eat him alive while he cant do nothing about it. I figured shooting him honestly would be giving him more mercy then the guy deserves.

Add Comment