User Avatar Image

[Spoilers] Lily's reaction to choice at end of episode 2

posted by aguyuno on - last edited - Viewed by 584 users

Lily's one of the people against stealing from the car at the end of this episode 2, as we know. The thing is, Lily's a person who would rather throw people out to their deaths, including a kid (Duck in episode 1) she thinks MAY be bitten, without a second thought... but she draws the line at stealing?

This just seemed weird to me, but then I thought about it more and I realised the depth of the characters in this game that this shows. Lily's all about control, but she will NOT get her hands dirty. She would never, for example, kill Duck or someone else who was bitten - she just wants them out. She's one of those people of the "I just pushed him in front of the train - it was the TRAIN who killed him!" mentality. This can be seen even when (if) you tell her that you shot Jolene. The woman had a crossbow to you and was rambling about nailing your testicles to a tree, but Lily's still of the "oh my god how could you do that!" persuasion.

So yeah, I just think that's cool. It, of course, also just makes me hate Lily even more than I already DID as a person, but yeah. Anyone else notice character details like this that might otherwise go unseen?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well...recall that when Lee and co. came out of the woods with Ben she was ready to shoot on sight had it been zombies. But then again I suppose that's a little different from killing a kid you suspect may be a zombie. Still I call that getting hands dirty.

But what about this idea..maybe with the death of her father just moments ago she started to change and see things a little differently. People do change.

Maybe she was like 'someone just took from me, I don't want to take from someone else.' didn't she say something about being a monster that just came right out of the woods.

• I don't hate Lilly, I like her. She's just in the wrong role. She's not a leader but rather a boss and her biggest, and I think only, supporter is now taking a dirt nap. She seems to be backing away from a control approach to working with the group approach. Of course in the preview to episode 3 she's back to control mode.

Her comments seemed harh and aimed at Kenny which seems understandable (the monster comment about ruining people's lives) but I was suprised as well that she did not want loot the car. I figured she had a rough day and just wasn't herself.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: Maybe she was like 'someone just took from me, I don't want to take from someone else.' didn't she say something about being a monster that just came right out of the woods.

Yeah, I think that's what was going on there. I do agree with the OP that her character isn't as one-sided as she first appears though, and I'd bet big money that will be very clear in e3. I think other than a control freak, she's also someone who actually likes to make the unpopular decisions because it gives her a sense of significance. There are always people who go against the general consensus just because it makes them stand out. To me at this point she's coming off as that type of person.

All that being said, I get a strong feeling she's going to be very different after her dad's death. E3 should show some different sides of her personality, and I doubt they'll be good ones.

• I never understood what any of Lilly's motives are. She seems to want to survive and be moral but she goes along with most of Lee's ideals and plans(bringing David/Travis in along with Ben despite being adamantly against it, despite saying she doesn't want to steal, she take it anyway?)

Lilly is a very weird character who is very indecisive she goes with it anyways? I guess she realizes that if she can't win she just her opponent feel so they can suffer, too (Evidenced by her giving you the food duty, not shooting Andy, and looking very disappointed with Lee if he choose to take the food) She's just that kind've person. I personally don't like but to each their own.

• I think she'll soften up if you sided with her in Ep2. If you do, Kenny becomes less defined and more of an antagonist. I think Kenny and Lily are opposite ends of the morality bar. So long as you're not her enemy, you'll see more definition from her.

• I agree Lilly didn't want to risk her group by leaving the pharmacy but Larry was the only one who wanted to throw Duck out.

Lilly: "Dad it's just a boy" and "nobody is doing anything"
    Larry replies:"Shut up Lilly!"

Would Lilly of stood up to her father and stopped him? I don't know, I personally thought that she loved him deeply but was also a little scared of him.
    I think she is a woman who has been shaped a lot by her father i.e joining the Air force(Larry is ex-military) and taking on the leadership roles to impress him.

Lilly is wary of new survivors joining the group i.e in the pharmacy she tells the others Lee's group could of been dangerous, and also wanting Ben to leave after helping his friend, but once you've proven yourself she'll have your back. I would trust her loyalty more so than Kenny who seems very family focused, above everything else.

• I just support Lilly all the way after the incident at the meat locker. After not taking the food and supplies, I'm happy she went along with my decision.

• Yeah, I think Lilly is a great character.

• @aguyuno said: Lily's one of the people against stealing from the car at the end of this episode 2, as we know. The thing is, Lily's a person who would rather throw people out to their deaths, including a kid (Duck in episode 1) she thinks MAY be bitten, without a second thought... but she draws the line at stealing?

This just seemed weird to me, but then I thought about it more and I realised the depth of the characters in this game that this shows. Lily's all about control, but she will NOT get her hands dirty. She would never, for example, kill Duck or someone else who was bitten - she just wants them out. She's one of those people of the "I just pushed him in front of the train - it was the TRAIN who killed him!" mentality. This can be seen even when (if) you tell her that you shot Jolene. The woman had a crossbow to you and was rambling about nailing your testicles to a tree, but Lily's still of the "oh my god how could you do that!" persuasion.

So yeah, I just think that's cool. It, of course, also just makes me hate Lily even more than I already DID as a person, but yeah. Anyone else notice character details like this that might otherwise go unseen?

You can't blame Lily for wanting to take out Duck..

• Eeeps I kinda disagree here.. lol

*puts on combat armor*

There's been several references to Lily being military and is why she's in charge.
    People think she has some leadership quality

Her Air Farce job was Aviation Admin.. she ordered a typewriter most of the time.
    She had no real leadership training especially in a ZA senerio.
    She was mostly looking out for her father.. Understandable but doesnt make her qualified.. Kenny is a husband and father looking out for his family and I think resents being given orders by anyone else that makes decision not in his best interest!
    Kenny is they type that will say "if you're not with me, you're against me" forcing you to side one way or another!

I think Lily was still very distraught over her dad being killed and was more siding not to loot the car as "it doesnt matter anymore.. we're all dead soon anyways" frame of mind.

But as I had my Lee kill her dad, I do expect her not to invite me for cookies and milk anytime soon. In fact, I'm sure I'll need to keep and eye on her or proably choose to save someone else over her before she attempts revenge.

Add Comment