User Avatar Image

Who's your favourite Adventure sidekick (& why)?

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 665 users

Well,

Who's it gonna be?

The gorgeous and feisty Elane Marley?
The manic, unpredictable, hyperkinetic rabbity thing, Max?
Slothful roadie Hoagie / bug eyed med-student Laverne?
Cute assed but somewhat airheaded Sophia Hapgood?
Inexplicably loved but totally useless skull Murray?
Or like me, is your favourite the loveable big orange monster Glottis?

Or, heaven forbid, does your Oscar for best supporting role in an Adventure Videogame actually go to someone from a non-LucasArts game?

Let us know...

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

If we're talking about sidekick, I would have to say Max... his bizarre characteristics make him more of an original sidekick than Elaine or Sophia, and since you actually get to play as Hoagie and Laverne, i ruled them out. (I have Grim Fandango but honestly stopped playing it, so I didnt pick that one either)

But if you're talkin Best Supporting Role, I gotta go with LeChuck. He is w/o a doubt the best villain in a LA game (Ripburger from Full Throttle is 2nd, the bad guy from Sam and Max 3rd, and the German dude from Fate of Atlantis 4th IMHO).

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

It's a tough call really...

Max and Hoagie are front runners because both are able to sustain large amounts of electricity to the brain.

Elaine... eh. She gets credit for having to deal with Guybrush's crap 24/7. She never did anything for me to be totally honest. Except for that delicious fish fry she has once a year, she's totally useless.

Murray the Evil skull is 1/7 of the man! I'd love to have him answer the phone for me whenever credit companies call.

As far as non LA?

Maybe Rex Nebular's ship, the Slippery Pig. Just because it's a slippery pig.

• My favorite sidekick is Dave from Maniac Mansion - What's that you say? He was supposed to be the main character? Well - as I felt that Bernard was the true main character of Maniac Mansion I enjoyed using Dave as his sidekick. He would always do the odd jobs Bernard needed, like breaking the kids out of the dungeon (before you find the key), distracting the Edisons, and of course drowning himself in the pool so that Bernard ends up with Sandy at the end!

• there is one clear choice here to me. max.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]there is one clear choice here to me. max.[/quote]

yes Max is the Shiznit B-)

• [quote]If we're talking about sidekick, I would have to say Max... his bizarre characteristics make him more of an original sidekick than Elaine or Sophia, and since you actually get to play as Hoagie and Laverne, i ruled them out. [/quote]

But don't you also get to play as Max? That would rule him out too by your rules. :p

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

well its obviously max..name another sidekick would grab the assignment out of a cats guts for you..

• I kind of like Spike from Space Quest 5: The Next Mutation.

Spike was Roger's pet alien/scorpion/face hugger that he found... somewhere.

But if we're talking LucasArts, I'd say Glottis from Grim Fandango.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I gotta go outside the box on this one and write in my own favorite sidekick, Arthur (from The Tick).

Arthur managed to be shy, retiring, whiney and yet heroic at the same time. Plus he's a brilliant satire on superhero sidekicks in general.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Heres my top ten>>>>

Hoagie
    Max
    Joey(beneath a steel sky)
    Glottis
    Elaine
    Murry
    Wally
    Laverne
    Bernard
    Sophia Halfgood

I'm not sure about all the spelling. Why Hoagie? I don't know, I just like him.

Add Comment