User Avatar Image

Sonic The Hedgehog Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Sonic the hedgehog is a great video game character. Now i never had to do this before but i feel since this is a thread about Sonic i need to set some rules.

1.While you may talk about the bad Sonic games please don't turn this thread into a rant about Sonic being good then bad then starting to get good since Sonic Unleashed's day time levels.

2.This is a thread for fans of Classic Sonic,Modern Sonic, & fans of both so please respect others opinions.

3.Please no huge rants about Modern Sonic.

4.No huge rants about Sonic Characters/Sonic having too many friends. You may talk about Sonic characters you hate and why you hate them but no huge rants about Sonic being the only good Sonic Character.

I'm sorry about all those rules but this being a Sonic thread i felt i needed to set some ground rules.

You can talk about Sonic Games,Sonic Characters,Sonic Comics,Sonic cartoons and anything Sonic. You can even talk about Mario here.

Anyway he has been in loads of video games, A lot good, Some Bad. My question is what is your favorite Sonic game? Mine is a tie between Sonic Generations,Sonic Adventure DX, & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

107 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't even know the trailer was out yet.

• After watching the trailer it looks pretty damn great. Its a shame its Nintendo exclusive but when I eventually get a Wii U it will most likely be one of the first games i get for it.

• Ohhh.....ohhhhh......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

It looks like the 3D Sonic I always wanted! Mixed with a Retro game!

• After Sonic Lost Worlds i would like to see a Sonic game with a bit more story, but i think maybe adapt a Sonic comic storyline into a Sonic game. I would like to see a game based on the recent Mecha Sally saga in the Sonic Comics.

• I think we can all agree that plot is one of the least important aspects of a Sonic game.

• Actually, if a game has a good plot, it keeps you interested for playing it longer, and that's what all developers want. What I want to say is that if a Sonic game is well made, but doesn't have an interesting plot, it will most probably be interesting only for the series' fans, who want to play because they like certain character(s). But if the story is good, it may attract new players. Take Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 as an example.

• Again i just personally think that bringing Sonic back to the old story of ''Oh No pigs and chickens are being attacked like in the genesis days! go save them now!!!!'' is not the right direction. I have no problems with improving the gameplay but when I play a game its not just gameplay I look for, I look for a good story as well as good gameplay and i feel Sega has been doing nothing but downgrading the story since Sonic Colours. Look at Generations which could of had a better story with modern characters interacting with the classic characters but instead the story was toned down completely. Again if Sega are worried about messing up the story then ether do two things. Adapt one of the Archie storylines from the Sonic comics some suggestions being maybe the Mecha Sally arc that's going on right now, The Eggman victory saga, and the Iron Queen's takeover, The Genesis and maybe if they can get some kind of deal with Capcom, maybe the World's collide storyline with both Sonic and Mega Man.

Option 2 would be actually getting the writers of the Archie comics to come up with the story set in the Archie Sonic universe.

My point here is that its not like platformers have not been able to have great gameplay, story, graphics and music etc. Look at Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Sly Cooper, and Jak & Daxter.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Again i just personally think that bringing Sonic back to the old story of ''Oh No pigs and chickens are being attacked like in the genesis days! go save them now!!!!'' is not the right direction. I have no problems with improving the gameplay but when I play a game its not just gameplay I look for, I look for a good story as well as good gameplay and i feel Sega has been doing nothing but downgrading the story since Sonic Colours. Look at Generations which could of had a better story with modern characters interacting with the classic characters but instead the story was toned down completely. Again if Sega are worried about messing up the story then ether do two things. Adapt one of the Archie storylines from the Sonic comics some suggestions being maybe the Mecha Sally arc that's going on right now, The Eggman victory saga, and the Iron Queen's takeover, The Genesis and maybe if they can get some kind of deal with Capcom, maybe the World's collide storyline with both Sonic and Mega Man.

Option 2 would be actually getting the writers of the Archie comics to come up with the story set in the Archie Sonic universe.

My point here is that its not like platformers have not been able to have great gameplay, story, graphics and music etc. Look at Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Sly Cooper, and Jak & Daxter.

Exactly my point. SEGA is obviously afraid of making anothes Sonic 06 (aren't we all?) where they obviously concentrated mostly on the storyline than gameplay, and now while they focus on making a good gameplay, the plot suffers.

• The story in 06 sucked ass as well as the gameplay.

Add Comment