User Avatar Image

Suggestions on how to improve the forums

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 32.5K users

I made this thread so people can discuss how the fourms can be improved so i'll start off.

I think the classics part of the thread should be back in the main menu of the fourms with all the rest of the forums topics because since they are in the classics hardly anyone ever replys anymore to them.

1.8K Comments
  • How did you manage to make the same typo 3 times in a row? That takes skill.
    At this point, I'm starting to think that sign-up security should be increased. Reviewing accounts before granting access, or other safeguards. The spamming is getting ridiculous.

• There's a bunch of typos in his post. I think he doesn't even bother to check something once he's typed it.

I'll agree with the security thing. I've seen more than a few bots slip through the net.

Beyond that, nothing really comes to mind. Maybe ask people to stop making new threads for every little thing that pops into their head? I dunno.

• It would be nice if the forums didn't go down every day at around 9AM. But I guess that's necessary.

• @Friar said: It would be nice if the forums didn't go down every day at around 9AM. But I guess that's necessary.

Bloody hell you must be in England.

• It doesn't email me everyone's password when They sign up please fix

original.0

• Lets not do user verification. Our mod staff is way too small for that and it would just drive new people away to wait.

What needs to be done is the creation of a code of conduct for mods because it's kind of the wild west and some people get banned for the smallest things while others doing worse stick around forever. It's just very odd. The whole prevalence of post deletion is also very odd.

While I like our mods, theres just a huge air of unprofessionalism and disorganisation about them, akin to the staff at an anime convention. It's kinda annoying at times to witness.

• What needs to be done is the creation of a code of conduct for mods because it's kind of the wild west and some people get banned for the smallest things while others doing worse stick around forever. It's just very odd. The whole prevalence of post deletion is also very odd.

THIS!!!

but also this

While I like our mods, theres just a huge air of unprofessionalism and disorganisation about them. It's kinda annoying at times to witness.

Something needs to be done about the spam bots slipping through, doesn't the thing (i don't know what it's called, you have to type numbers in from a picture format, it's ment to stop S.B's) stop the spam bots - i thought that's what it's there for.

Also stop bashing on people for there grammar for heavens sakes - alot of that seems to go on in the forums. A polite pointing out of there mistake is sufficient don't you think?. It's the internet not everyone can be bothered to type properly - i have a Higher education in english (im in scotland) and look at my spelling/grammar - can i do it better, yes iv'e proven so, can i be bothered? NO!. This is a forum not a flammin' exam board.

• Also stop bashing on people for there grammar for heavens sakes - alot of that seems to go on in the forums. A polite pointing out of there mistake is sufficient don't you think?. It's the internet not everyone can be bother to type properly

*their, *heaven's, *bothered.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, though, I do agree. People get far too aggressive about grammatical mistakes here (it is hilarious, however, when they make a mistake while correcting others). I think a lot of users here fail to realise English is not the first language for a lot of people in this forum.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: I made this thread so people can discuss how the fourms can be inproved

I think the forums would be greatly improved if people had proper grammar and spelling.

• @DAISHI said: Bloody hell you must be in England.

Hello!

Yeah, it going dark around 9AM our time is a tad frustrating, since it's when I'm usually still around. But then again, if they moved it back an hour, I suppose someone else would just get upset. Damned if they do...

• Change the blue to red, which is not only the official Telltale colour, but also my favourite colour.

(Or is there some psychological reason for not doing this? As in, red makes forum users more aggressive?)

• If we wanted the forums to be a calmer place, youd want to make the place seafoam green. Theres a reason why asylums were painted that color, you know.,other than being easy on the eyes of doctors who just got out of surgery and seeimg a ton of blood...

Add Comment