User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS from page 3]Logic says the Doug/Carly Will Die in Ep 3

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Since you chose to save one or the other in ep 1, then they are both expendable. It wouldn't make sense to build the complete story around which one you chose. I'm betting that whoever you saved in ep 1 will die in ep 3. Neither can be a main player.

73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That last episode of talking dead was not encouraging. I got the impression that group casualties are going to be very high in the next three episodes. Last episode was 20%, to be worse could be 30% casualties. That's three people.

I'm thinking Kenny leaves the group after another blow up with Lilly. Something bad happens and Kenny comes back to the group but not with Kat, Duck and Ben.

Doug died in the first episode so no worries there.

• Going in to this game, I kind of knew group casualties would be high. I just really hope that Carley makes it, she's the closest thing Clem has to a mom and will look after her if something happens to Lee. Not that I want anyone else to die of course, but we're probably in for some heartbreak now that we're getting to the half-way point of the game.

• yea i made this point in another thread. the acheivements for episode 3 have already come out and one of them is called sonething to the extent of we cant all survive. theres also another one I believe the first one, that suggests carly/doug is gonna get axed. actually i can almost guarantee it...

Telltale has dissapointed us enough as it is. if they keep carly/doug around that means more of a storyline they must create and more developing they must do... its best to try to keep everyone with the same characters. Also i think this will happen in the very beginning of the episode.

therefore, I AM GUARANTEEING THE DEATH OR DEPARTURE OF CARLY / DOUG

• @kirby18 said: yea i made this point in another thread. the acheivements for episode 3 have already come out and one of them is called sonething to the extent of we cant all survive. theres also another one I believe the first one, that suggests carly/doug is gonna get axed. actually i can almost guarantee it...

Telltale has dissapointed us enough as it is. if they keep carly/doug around that means more of a storyline they must create and more developing they must do... its best to try to keep everyone with the same characters. Also i think this will happen in the very beginning of the episode.

but if they both have to die wouldn't that make your choice to save either one of them inconsequential because neither of them have done anything that was different from each other, nothing important anyway.

• "People will die, I mean, this the Walking Dead"- Nick Herman, Playing Dead episode 5. This makes me feel that there will be more than one person from the group dying. Going on hope here and assuming since Doug is the developers favorite, Carley and Doug will be safe in episode 3.

• @kirby18 said: .

That certainly makes sense from a programming perspective. But TTG is about the story. I just get the sense that Kenny has been talking all along about getting his family to the coast. In the preview he leaves with Ben. But he's still part of the group later on. He's shown it what looks like a storm drain manhole with Lee and Christa as part of e4. Why is he sticking around?

• Honestly, Kenny, Ben, Doug/Carley will be alive, so will Lilly.

That is, assuming that TTG follows the scenes depicted in TTG.
    I'm pretty sure if Doug/Carley had to die, they will probably live to see another night in episode 3 before they get killed off.
    Go have a look at the bonfire scene in TWDG's debut trailer.

Safe to say, Ben will be alive, and he will be present if Christa decides to commit suicide.
    My intuition tells me that Omid will not make it in Episode 3.

• Too early. I think they'll survive until the last chapter, then everyone will die.

• Yes doug/carly must die. I doubt they are going to put forth the effort to keep them around. They automatically have to make 2 versions of anything those characters are involved in. I believe the doug/carly thing to be a tool to help the illusion of choice and I doubt it will be used again. I actually think we will see a lot of disposable characters like mark. Introduced and killed in the same episode....

• But that'd only be one full episode they will have to have programed around a dual character. I'm no programmer, but I don't think it's hard to fit in one character that affect the story in the same way with only cosmetic differences with different dialogue trees. I give them two full episodes at least. They die episode 4 or 5. I say 5.

Add Comment