User Avatar Image

Who Else is New to TWD?

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 410 users

I had never read a The Walking Dead comic before. I had never watched the TV show. I don't like zombie movies, with the exceptions of the funny ones, like Zombieland and Sean of the Dead.

I've been a TTG fan for years; ever since the first season of Sam and Max. My favorite games are adventure games. I check the TTG website every few months to see if there's anything new.

When I first saw the ads for TWD game, I didn't think it was for me. Then I started to read about the decision system, and how the game is about people, not zombies. I liked the reviews, and put my trust in TTG, and purchased the season.

After playing the first two episodes, I'm very happy with the game, and am surprised at how much I enjoy being crushed by the tragedy in these games. I even purchased TWD Compendium Volume 1, and am getting into the comic. I'm looking forward to TWD Compendium Volume 2 coming out soon almost as much as I'm looking forward to Episode 3...

Has anyone else been dragged into TWD universe as a result of these games? Or, did most of you decide to purchase the game because you were already fans of TWD?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Became a fan after the game. Never heard of them before this :p

• Your experience is almost exactly the same as mine. Sam & Max veteran, never cared for zombies or anything of the sort. I first took interest when I heard it had the choice system a la Bioware games/Heavy Rain and was heavily driven by decisions. Was definitely not disappointed in the least. I might have to check out some of the other media for this series.

• i was a fan of TWD tv show but not read any of the comics until talking about them on these forums, i got the first hard back of the comics now, but i find it hard to get into a comic over a tv show, i like the comic, but the lack of stimulation of any other sense than seeing i am easily distracted, so films/tv and games are more suited to me.

that leads me back to the game, usually i dont buy games based on films/tv they are usually just so bad, but i had played sam and max (and liked it) and i heard that the back to the future game was very good, so i figured i would give them (telltale) the benefit of the doubt and buy TWD game, i was gonna wait until they had finished, because i knew the wait would be frustrating, but i guess my impatience back fired and made me buy it at episode 2 because i couldnt wait to buy it.

so i am a fan if the show first then the game then the comic in order of when i got into them

• Heard of the show, then bought the comic. The comic is pretty good, and the show is ok, but not as good as the comic. At first I thought the game was just going to be a cheap cash-in, trying to milk money with the name of a popular franchise. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I decided to buy it, and loved every minute of it. I'm not an adventure game kind of guy, but TWDG is on my list of my all time favorite games as of right now. I love the hard choices and the tragedy and horror that these characters go through, because they are so well written I want almost everyone to survive. I don't think I've ever been this attatched to video game characters, and I can't wait to see what TellTale puts these poor souls through in the coming installments.

• Never heard of Walking Dead until I saw a Random Youtuber playing The Walking Dead Game, saw the game and was pleasantly surprised it wasn`t another `Slaughter every zombie on screen`game.
    After I discovered the game was based on a comic series, read the comics and were hooked. Watched the Tv series to, but that didn`t hook me in as well as the comics did.
    CAN`T WAIT FOR EPISODE 3 :D:D:D

• I became a fan of TWD by watching the tv show on AMC. Many times I'd say what a bunch of dumbasses. Like when Hershal said "it's a wonder you survived this long". When the game came out I figured this would be a way to make better choices during a ZA. So much for that idea.

Never read the comics. The game is just awesome.

• I was a fan before playing the game. I was introduced to the franchise by the tv show. After the season 2 finale, I decided to check out the comics. Grew kind of pissed off that Kirkman does not care which characters he kills off, so that ruins my chance of liking a character.

• @Zeruis said: I was a fan before playing the game. I was introduced to the franchise by the tv show. After the season 2 finale, I decided to check out the comics. Grew kind of pissed off that Kirkman does not care which characters he kills off, so that ruins my chance of liking a character.

unless you like rick, but maybe kirkman is mad enough to start a whole different story with different people, because i cant imagine the same story going on much further without rick

• I became a fan because of my younger brother telling me to buy the game since he was a big fan of the tv show. So I did my research and decided to buy it and now im a fan, though I had to look up the comic book plot and stuff :P

• Sort of a poll that doesn't apply to me. I love Walking Dead and got into it by reading the comics after seeing the pilot of the show. I'm playing the game because I play everything by Telltale though.

Add Comment