User Avatar Image

How Did You Get Here?

posted by Master of Aeons on - last edited - Viewed by 692 users

Hi everybahdee! I want to know how you all came to Telltale and what game brought you to the company. Did you come here long ago or just learn of Telltale through The Walking Dead? Did you play Bone and now dislike the new direction? Have you played Sam and Max but prefer the streamlined new interactive experience?

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Heard of Telltale first in 2009 when they released Tales of Monkey Island. Being a huge fan, I played the series. Then tried out some of the Sam & Max games (I still don't understand the hype about them.)

I generally like how they are trying out different things, like, trying out a more action based adventure (Jurassic Park) or developping the "tailored story by player's choices" technique in Walking Dead.

As long as they're not gonna stick 100 % to the "M for mature" or "you can actually die in the game" philosophy but also go back to making funnier and "lighter" games, I'm sure I'll keep on enjoying their titles in the future.

• I voted for ToMI, even though I got acquainted with TellTale via the first season of S&M. I enjoyed it (and Season 2 too), but it's ToMI that made me join these forums and buy directly from TellTale instead of the local retail (I lived in Europe at the time). And I think ToMI is actually the first game that I've pre-ordered. Ever. I didn't pre-order games before, because, well... that's a risky investment. But with ToMI I just didn't care, I trusted TellTale and wanted more Monkey Island :D

• Loved Homestarrunner and was glad to see Strong Bad in game form. Didn't really have a good PC at the time, so I didn't care for the rest of their games, but fell in love with Sam and Max when it was ported over to Wii.

• I first heard of Telltale from the X-play reviews of the Sam and Max games. I didn't play them then, sadly. My first Telltale Game was actually Bone, but at the time I had no idea it was Telltale.

I kept hearing about Telltale for a while. SBCG4AP was announced and I watched all of the trailers for those and they looked awesome. Then I saw Wallace and Gromit and ToMI being announced. In the end the first Telltale game I played was Tales of Monkey Island. I've loved them ever since.

• I just kind of showed up...I was playing S&M Season 1 through Gametap and was like oh snap this is telltale games and I kind of stayed.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I heard of Telltale when they were first formed, before any game was released, and followed them through the news at the International House of Mojo and the Telltale blogs.

I skipped Telltale Texas Hold'em and bought Bone: Out from Boneville when it was first released (but I later bought both boxed and digital versions of Telltale Texas Hold'em later).

As for the forums, I'm not sure whether I joined the forums before or after Bone was released. My oldest posts aren't connected to my account, but are listed as a guest (as are a lot of the posts by the earliest members here).

• @Remolay said: I first heard of Telltale from the X-play reviews of the Sam and Max games. I didn't play them then, sadly. My first Telltale Game was actually Bone, but at the time I had no idea it was Telltale.

I kept hearing about Telltale for a while. SBCG4AP was announced and I watched all of the trailers for those and they looked awesome.

Mine is identical to this point, but then I played SBCG4AP and SaM and Wallace and ToMI and BTTF and PA. So I guess technically I'll put SBCG4AP down (although I've had interest in Sam and Max since I first saw it)

• I was introduced to TT by JP the game. I figured it was a cool change of pace playing, well, interactuve movies & didn't realize the frustration of waiting till TWD lol. it made me think of tv shows that should have new episodes every week but take a month break:D

• Tales of Monkey Island. After the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 4, I needed to talk to someone about it, so I came here. For some odd reason, I stuck around.

Add Comment