Menu
User Avatar Image

Is TT dragging out release dates to coincide with press events?

posted by mkane24 on - last edited - Viewed by 664 users

I understand the game is in certification process at this point, but this is becoming a pattern. This happened with episode 2 and is now looking like it's going to happen with episode 3.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Really? A poll for this? You should just say what you think, not ask others to state it for you.

• needs more poll options..

like; yes it seems that way, but i don't think it's on purpose (my thoughts)

pure coincidence..

conspiracies make babies cry..

• that seems a little too convenient for my taste...sorry my poll options are fine for me

• For anybody that thinks they are, why would they do that? What reasoning could they possibly have?

• for press events...having an event with the release of an episode would normally be super advantageous.

• @mkane24 said: for press events...having an event with the release of an episode would normally be super advantageous.

What extra press? I've never even heard of PAX until they said they were going to be there.

People who want to buy it already have the first two episodes and are waiting for the third.

New customers, I would think, is a group TTG would want to go and buy the first episode so how is holding out the third for this event going to help?

All the real news and reviews happens with the first episode. The press is kind of apathetic after that.

And all the bad PR they are getting can't be welcomed or worthwhile.

It just doesn't make sense to me from a business perspective. And they are a business in the end.

• @Red Panda said: What extra press? I've never even heard of PAX until they said they were going to be there.

People who want to buy it already have the first two episodes and are waiting for the third.

New customers, I would think, is a group TTG would want to go and buy the first episode so how is holding out the third for this event going to help?

All the real news and reviews happens with the first episode. The press is kind of apathetic after that.

And all the bad PR they are getting can't be welcomed or worthwhile.

It just doesn't make sense to me from a business perspective. And they are a business in the end.

even i have heard of PAX and i don't care what it is because i live in England, it will definitely gain them more sales to have an exclusive there, so i can't blame them for doing it, but that doesn't mean i can't be annoyed by it

• @thestalkinghead said: even i have heard of PAX and i don't care what it is because i live in England, it will definitely gain them more sales to have an exclusive there, so i can't blame them for doing it, but that doesn't mean i can't be annoyed by it

I guess I'm just in the dark about PAX.

Still, how will it gain them more sales?

If they had the game ready, they could sell all three.

And why risk not getting approved in time for PAX?

If ep 3 isn't released this week, will it disprove this theory?

• @Red Panda said: I guess I'm just in the dark about PAX.

Still, how will it gain them more sales?

If they had the game ready, they could sell all three.

And why risk not getting approved in time for PAX?

If ep 3 isn't released this week, will it disprove this theory?

there would be a lot of news about PAX on gaming websites, if a game launches at PAX it is likely to get a lot of the coverage, a lot of coverage will tell people about the game and inform/remind people to buy it, this means more sales

• @thestalkinghead said: there would be a lot of news about PAX on gaming websites, if a game launches at PAX it is likely to get a lot of the coverage, a lot of coverage will tell people about the game and inform/remind people to buy it, this means more sales

Yeah, they're doing the same for State of Decay. I read somewhere on their main website that they may be putting in a playable demo of the alpha for the game.

Add Comment