Menu
User Avatar Image

PSN Europe left out again

posted by What the flux! on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users

What the actual flux!?

Yet again are we, the European playstation gamers, neglected while telltale are(will be) basking in the great praise from all gaming media. I hope that im wrong, but Im afraid that we PSN/EU'ers can't go to this site after tomorrow, because the forum will be flooded with spoilers(The job as a MOD will be hard for at least the next week). And we are left in the dark just waiting for a release date.

We know from experience that we won't get a answer from Telltale, they are to busy making thiere accolades videos and retweeting every positive thing said on any social platform.

Please telltale see that there are people that just want a answer and maybe if its not to much to ask(and its not!), play the game along with the other platforms/areas so we can join in on the diccusion while its hot.

sigh, well atleast I get to blow of some steam.

what the flux -out

311 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Answer: Sony Europe's certification process is taking too long, complain to them.

• @gnubelebung said: Answer: Sony Europe's certification process is taking too long, complain to them.

Last time Sony EU said that it was TTG's fault and TTG said it was Sony's fault ... So this is a very confusing situation where only one who suffers are PSN EU users :(

• Correct answer: Sony Europe are taking the time it usually takes to get the update. Telltale games still hasn't learned to account for it. And it infuriates me to no end that they can't even give us a release date... also that fanboys keep sticking up for them

• Sony EU are the bastards of the gaming world. It just makes me angry how they take longer to certify games for no reason whatsoever. I hoped this wouldn't happen again, but it has, and you don't understand the rage I feel at the moment.

• @erg90 said: Sony EU are the bastards of the gaming world. It just makes me angry how they take longer to certify games for no reason whatsoever. I hoped this wouldn't happen again, but it has, and you don't understand the rage I feel at the moment.

I feel you, man. I want to play this game just as much as the next guy. I'm just not convinced that Sony EU is to blame for this. They kinda bailed TTG out last time, with a speedy update.
    In any case TellTale games should know by now, that they have to submit thiere forms/game what ever earlier than on other platforms.

@erg90 said: Last time Sony EU said that it was TTG's fault and TTG said it was Sony's fault ... So this is a very confusing situation where only one who suffers are PSN EU users

Indeed and on top of this they have the audacity to start the social media / public relation campaign right after the relase. All while ignoring the european gamers.

Did they have the same issues with back to the future?

• I was really excited when they finally announced Long Road Ahead was coming out! Then I read through it again and found out that it only counted for the "only country in the world that exists": America.
    Been waiting for ages for this, even since august 14th I've been thinking "any day now..." and just when the wait is finally over--they go against their promise to 'release all platforms as close together as possible' by leaving the rest of the world out!!
    Why can't they wait until all regions have their release and then announce it?!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

If you take a look at Telltale's former games and the gap between PSN NA and EU releases back then - sometimes several weeks - you'll see that "left out" has nothing to do with reality. Telltale as well as Sony Europe are doing their best to bring this episode to PSN in Europe faster than in games before.

It's obvious that they're trying damn hard to make this a worldwide simultaneous release to the best of everyone's ability, and I'd say the compromises they've already made to steadily head in this direction are numerous enough.

All the best to my fellow Europeans, and I'll do my best to slap spoiler warnings left and right while being entirely spoiled myself, but one more week won't kill anyone. Anyone else.

• @SpikeJack1 said: I was really excited when they finally announced Long Road Ahead was coming out! Then I read through it again and found out that it only counted for the "only country in the world that exists": America.
    Been waiting for ages for this, even since august 14th I've been thinking "any day now..." and just when the wait is finally over--they go against their promise to 'release all platforms as close together as possible' by leaving the rest of the world out!!
    Why can't they wait until all regions have their release and then announce it?!

This is exactly how I feel, but I suppose if you please the majority, your public relations get slightly better.

• Thank you Vainamoinen for the appeal to reason and for the great work you are doing with the forum and community!

I have no idea what the process for releasing games via any media is. I still can't see why TTG can't wait for the slowest release(bad wording) to release across the platforms.

What I experienced with ep. 2 goes as follows:

I get the game when it hits EU. Late april(24th I think), with the promise of a monthly release.

I play it through and Im very happy I bought the season pass.

I wait from late april to 7. july with no word from TTG about when to expect the second episode. Finally the 26th of june TTG annouces that the long awaited episode will be available that week.

Thinking about time. . . Wednesday rolls up aaaaaand nothing. at all. Can't play it.. hmm thats odd.. Well, shit happens I think, I'll try again tomorrow. Guess what, no game. I go online. No news about this.. I start following TTG on Facebook and Twitter Surely they will update us on the matter.

A day passes, two days. No news about this. Tell Tale Games are posting reviews Acoelades left right and center. Milking the succes like no other. all while ignorering me and my fellow psn/eu players. I go on the forum spoiler warnings everywhere, but no real info about why or when to expect the new episode(which according to TTG is better that bews and bacon combined).

Ok, thats it... I cave and make a profile here, so I can vent out some steam and ask if anyone knows any thing.

TTG waits untill the 6. july to even recognice this! UUUh Bad press about to roll in.. NOPE! The next day the release the game, without saying sorry for the wait.
    All release dates has since been changed to "soon".

And they are back to padding thiere own backs.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-975
    Read the comments. Or on facebook same day to see what I mean.

This has been a very bad experince for my and it could have been avoided if TTG had just manned up and said:"Look guys the release is delayed. We are going to keep you in the loop. Your support mean a lot to us."

Instead the feeling im left with is that TTG care more about making the company stand out as small and succesfull. Rather than bringing the game out to the gamers.

-- I could continue, but not without cursing, so i'll leave it for now --

• In future, Telltale should not only plan simultaneous platform releases but also global region releases as well. So as to avoid the threat of spoilers, impatience, and having to hush-up complaints from the customers who apparently don't seem to matter over the majority of the local American public!
    When they do release it for the EU, I'd expect to see an actual apology rather than from what I've heard and read about Episode 2's blog post. (Got the game when Ep2 came out so I was not aware of their record-breaking delays..."HL:Ep3" much?)

Add Comment