User Avatar Image

[Spoilers] He caused EVERYTHING

posted by CocaColin on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

And by 'he', I mean Ben. If you think about it, him stealing the meds caused the bandits to attack the Inn, which attracted the Walkers, which happened to bite Duck. Duck's bite had caused Katjaa to suicide as she didn't want to live with her son dying. On top of that, Lilly shot Carley/Doug because of the traitor in the group. She shot Carley, because Carley stood up for Ben, where as Doug took the bullet for Ben. That had then caused Lilly to be abandoned. So again, who is to blame? Ben. It would have been best off if we kicked his ass out of the group in Episode 2, before he officially joined...because of one single person, we lost four/five people.

Lilly, Carley/Doug, Katjaa, and Duck. :(

Screw Ben >_

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Technically Lee causes everything. Imagine the Game without Lee at all. heck lets say shawn and chet or shawn and andre found Clem. If Clem being alone forever is too depressing

• No, Ben stealing the meds does not cause the bandits to attack the inn. Lee taking the meds and the bandits finding it to not be there was what made them attack. Technically if Lee never investigated the bandits wouldn't have attacked. But... If he didn't investigate. Shit would go downhill with Ben continueing to steal supplies, things would have gotten A LOT worse. So good thing it happened then and there.

• Actually, the bandits attacked the inn because Lee found the meds, not because Ben took them. It's hard for me to get too upset about Ben giving supplies to the bandits because that was probably the only thing keeping them from attacking the motel sooner. Yeah, he should have been honest with the rest of the group from the start. But it's hard to even fault him for that given that his introduction to the group was Lilly threatening to throw him back to the walkers.

Carley/Doug dying is all on Lilly, as far as I'm concerned. She was clearly unstable, and shooting Carley/Doug was a result of her paranoia. She didn't really have any reason to suspect them, she was just kind of throwing out wild accusations at everyone.

And heck, if you want to track things back that far, we could say that all those deaths are Lee's fault. Lee's the one who put a stop to the St. Johns. If he hadn't, the bandits would still be satisfied with their arrangement with them. In which case, they wouldn't have come after Lee's group. In which case, Ben wouldn't have had to make a deal with them. In which case, Lee and Lilly wouldn't have found out about the missing supplies that led to the bandits raiding the motel.

• @CapnJay said: Technically Lee causes everything. Imagine the Game without Lee at all. heck lets say shawn and chet or shawn and andre found Clem. If Clem being alone forever is too depressing

If you think about it, things would not go well with other people. More people would have died. St. Johns would continue eating people. Shaun would still die. So much fucking injustice. Lee doesn't cause everything, he actually is a big influence.

• @magodesky said: Actually, the bandits attacked the inn because Lee found the meds, not because Ben took them. It's hard for me to get too upset about Ben giving supplies to the bandits because that was probably the only thing keeping them from attacking the motel sooner. Yeah, he should have been honest with the rest of the group from the start. But it's hard to even fault him for that given that his introduction to the group was Lilly threatening to throw him back to the walkers.

Carley/Doug dying is all on Lilly, as far as I'm concerned. She was clearly unstable, and shooting Carley/Doug was a result of her paranoia. She didn't really have any reason to suspect them, she was just kind of throwing out wild accusations at everyone.

And heck, if you want to track things back that far, we could say that all those deaths are Lee's fault. Lee's the one who put a stop to the St. Johns. If he hadn't, the bandits would still be satisfied with their arrangement with them. In which case, they wouldn't have come after Lee's group. In which case, Ben wouldn't have had to make a deal with them. In which case, Lee and Lilly wouldn't have found out about the missing supplies that led to the bandits raiding the motel.

I wonder what would happen if Lee denied the st. johns offer... I don't know why but all this talk on everything being Lees fault is depressing. Isn't there something that he influenced and that really matters from his existence/presence?

• @CapnJay said: Technically Lee causes everything.

@CapnJay said: Lee taking the meds and the bandits finding it to not be there was what made them attack. Technically if Lee never investigated the bandits wouldn't have attacked.

You two ever heard of infinite regression? You can keep going back in the chain of events, finding someone to blame.

And you two chose to blame the victim? How could Lee have possibly known the consequences of taking the bag?

Lee didn't kill anybody. Lee didn't make any covert deals. He tried to save lives by finding out what was happening with the medicine and you blame him for everything that happened? I just can't follow the logic.

If anybody is at fault, it's Ben. His actions invited this by helping the bandits for his naive belief that they had his friend and he could help. That's just a fact.

You can't blame anybody else for the consequences of that, especially victims, like Lee, except the bandits, who are ultimately responsible for this thanks to their criminal behavior.

• @Red Panda said: You two ever heard of infinite regression? You can keep going back in the chain of events, finding someone to blame.

And you two chose to blame the victim? How could Lee have possibly known the consequences of taking the bag?

Lee didn't kill anybody. Lee didn't make any covert deals. He tried to save lives by finding out what was happening with the medicine and you blame him for everything that happened? I just can't follow the logic.

If anybody is at fault, it's Ben. His actions invited this by helping the bandits for his naive belief that they had his friend and he could help. That's just a fact.

You can't blame anybody else for the consequences of that, especially victims, like Lee, except the bandits, who are ultimately responsible for this thanks to their criminal behavior.

Did you even read the rest of my comment? I said it was actually a good thing that he did it then, because Ben would continue stealing supplies and things would be much worse and head downhill from there.

• Honestly, it wasn't Bens fault that the Inn got overrun. That was on Lee. Sure Ben shouldn't have cut a deal with the bandits without the rest of the group knowing, but he was probably just doing what he thought was right. But what was Bens fault, was Carly/Doug getting shot. If he hadn't have been such a pussy and just fessed up, Carly would still be alive. But it's ok. I don't hold it against him now. He will do that himself. Every time he tries to sleep, he'll remember seeing Carly get her brains blown out because of his own cowardice. He'll create his own living hell.

• @Christoaster said: Did you even read the rest of my comment? I said it was actually a good thing that he did it then, because Ben would continue stealing supplies and things would be much worse and head downhill from there.

Okay... You think it's a good thing he did it, but were talking about the blame for the events, right? And you blame Lee, though you think it was a good idea.

I'm saying it doesn't make sense to blame Lee.

It being a good idea or not is a moot point. It's a different discussion.

• @Red Panda said: Okay... You think it's a good thing he did it, but were talking about the blame for the events, right? And you blame Lee, though you think it was a good idea.

I'm saying it doesn't make sense to blame Lee.

It being a good idea or not is a moot point. It's a different discussion.

I am blaming Lee for the bandits taking over the Motor Inn at that time. But imagine it happening later? Wouldn't you rather it happen when it did happen then later having less supplies, even worse trust issues, and the whole gang turning on each other wondering on who is stealing the supplies? If Lee didn't take that package, the bandits wouldn't havn't attacked at THAT time. To avoid the whole situation, Ben should have been honest and at least tell Lee in private before heading in the RV. If Ben had told Lee and explained why he did so, things wouldn't have been so bad.

I guess as a whole It's Ben's fault. But Lee taking the package did cause the bandits to strike at the time they did.

Heck someone said in this thread that stopping the Dairy Farm is what caused all of this, which I don't quite get, because what would they do? Just stay in the meat locker to die? Seriously, he did whatever he could to survive.

Add Comment