User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 9.8K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've had the coming soon thing all day on wed until later in the night, I finally got the "Get" button but it just dc'd every time I tried to get it after 0%, Earlier this morning I got the download up to 50% but it dc's there and restarts from 10%. I was thinking about trying the fix, but I didn't want to copy my save files to a backup so I waited for telltale to fix the problem. I opened the game again a few minutes ago, hoping they would of fixed the problem and my game now opens in a windowed mode, instead of the normal full screen. I didn't really care about it being in full screen so I continued to to go to the download link for episode 4 and guess what. Telltale has erased all of my saves somehow AND I still can't download episode 4. Really regretting buying the season pass now. Well played Telltale, well played.

• Well you made a mistake in not making a back up there matey. As for the windowed mode you could alt+enter to go to full screen ;)

• I didn't do the fix method. It just deleted my saves on its own. Whats the point of having a saves folder that can delete itself, Save files should be safe like they are in every other game, I shouldn't have to back up every single saved game.

• Well you should ALWAYS keep a back up of everything.....even of important work, house documents just in case your pc gets busted and cannot retrieve the items from the hard disk

• @spawner said: Well you should ALWAYS keep a back up of everything.....even of important work, house documents just in case your pc gets busted and cannot retrieve the items from the hard disk

Only have so much space for backups, so game save files, which should be safe unless your computer crashes, usually don't make it to a backup file. Telltale could of least posted a warning that trying to update your game will ruin the save files, so that I could temporarily make a backup file. I did see that people were loosing game files by using the fix method, but I didn't think just downloading Ep. 4 normally would have the same effect.

And thanks spawner, I must somehow set my game into windowed mode, the alt-enter fixed it, still wondering how the game saves got deleted though as they were just there a short while ago, and i still havent updated succesfully yet, getting the DC error still.

• The only game save I took back up for(apart from walking dead as others claimed to have had their saves deleted) was Deus Ex. Still have it on me. I don't usually keep saves as I finish a game and uninstall it the moment I finish it. I have seen people claiming that their save files got deleted after installing ep4....

• Now what about an Episode 5 release date? :P

• @CTCCoco said: Now what about an Episode 5 release date? :P

November 20th :p

• AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH! I posted on the 8th, then checked again today and found out I'm late! To the XBox, posthaste!

Add Comment