User Avatar Image

Change ONE thing in Episode 3. SPOILERS

posted by StrawberryRainPop on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I'm new, so i dont know how to make a poll. If someone wants to, that would be neat!

Heres mine.

Option to save Carley. She was the most important person in the game to me, other than Clem. How she went out was just flat out insulting...

I dont usually post on forums, but man. I had to talk to someone...

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @WowMutt said: I see the writing as different than alot here.

Complaints about the writing because a character You liked got killed. It's not the writing that's at fault, it's Your feeling that are devistated at the death of someone you liked. That's the whole point!

I've read some comments where people had to pause the game, take a few mins to recover from what happened. It's the emotional tear of it all.

You said, "my fav character, the history they have, the bond forming, then suddenly, BAM!! it's gone in a blink!

To me, brilliant writing!

if this is "brilliant writing", i really hope we dont see any bad writing.

• @Peace&Love said: Carley was the most boring character in the entire game.
    Stop being whiny little children and take it.
    I hope you have not read Game of Thrones...

I have. Whats your point? Its not just that she died, its because of how she died.

• @WowMutt said: I see the writing as different than alot here.

Complaints about the writing because a character You liked got killed. It's not the writing that's at fault, it's Your feeling that are devistated at the death of someone you liked. That's the whole point!

I've read some comments where people had to pause the game, take a few mins to recover from what happened. It's the emotional tear of it all.

You said, "my fav character, the history they have, the bond forming, then suddenly, BAM!! it's gone in a blink!

To me, brilliant writing!

Yeah I definately gotta agree with you here, pal. It was a great moment for the storyline at large. It opens up so much more depth to the story.

Now you're harbouring a confessed traitor. And your group is in shambles due to Lilly's grief-turned-rage. Not to mention the tragedy of Kenny's family.

Like life... shit happens. And it usually happens in quick succession. I think you complainers would have realized this playing a post-apocalyptic story game. There are no happy endings. Zombie fiction is all about this. You guys should be eating it up not QQing.

As much as I loved Carley. She was my best asset along with Kenny.
    All I gotta say to the OP is why? What good would it do?
    All the survivors are living on borrowed time.
    They're all gunna die eventually.

• I would put in another choice, back at the RV, you can choose which side to save first.

Go left, Save Doug and Ben, but Duck gets bitten and the group need to deal with that, just as the episode played out.

Go right, save Clem, Kat and Duck but Ben gets bitten, doug is fine. This adds another twist to the plot, along with more Kenny-stry (get it?) on the train line.

If ben's bitten, we still have the sequence when Lilly kills Doug/Carley, got to give the writers a break, and the situation would freak out Lilly even more

• I still pour one for Doug :c I hope he likes grape juice

• I would like to be able to save someone, everyone around me is dying. If it's ever just lee left, I hope I can get him to sit down, with clem in his lap, and shoot himself. That's how any passing survivors will find them.

• Well, I had Doug on my playthrough, and his death really got to me, but it was actually kinda fitting, I wouldn't want Telltale to bring him back or anything of the sort. Doug was like, this really nice guy to everyone, kinda funny sometimes, just wanted to avoid discussions and conflicts, just like my Lee. The way he sacrificed himself to save Ben was kinda fitting for him, although it was completely unfair and he totally didn't deserve it...

But well, I've been watching a youtuber (Russmoney86 if you're interested) playing, and he saved Carley, right, and well, her death did feel a bit weird to me, the way Lilly just shot her in the face and didn't even seem remorseful after that... but I don't know really, you could say it made some sense, because she probably hated Carley for questioning her leadership all the time, so yeah.

But I wouldn't say it felt forced, really, just very unexpected. Maybe you could say that you didn't have an option to save her because we weren't really expecting Lilly to straight out try to murder someone?

• @PanStrife said: Agreed, +1. People are gonna disagree but jesus christ. I don't enjoy how this game played out. As i've said before it's so forced it's just uncool. It even gives off an aura of laziness from the writers.

How can you stop someone from shooting another from that close when your back is turned. You're still turning back to the group as the shot goes off. If anything thats TTGs way of cleaning Lee's hands of the matter completely and totally demonizing Lily.

• I'd bring back Hershel Greene, only for him to sing pitch-perfect tenor.

• @strela said: Seeing how upset ppl get over dying of a charachter I think its clear that TellTale did a great job :)

Think of the publicity this is getting them haha.

Add Comment