User Avatar Image

Do you get to see ***** as a walker?

posted by PandaRave on - last edited - Viewed by 609 users

When you choose to kill duck for kenny if you wait to long does attack you?

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I waited as long as I could bare to see Duck like that, wasn't too long, and then I told him goodnight. What a fucked up way for him to go.

• What I am suprised most, is that there is not already outrage that you were allowed to kill child in game. As far as I can tell, TellTale went somewhere where nobody ever dared to go in video game: this is probably the first occassion in video game, where you were consciously allowed to do kill children through your own action (reason why you did it does not matter), even though it was not shown graphically in the end it is still very dark theme. I just really hope Telltale did not bring themselves into too much trouble with this scene and I can see some nutjob lawyers or humanist picking on this.

• @Faramis said: What I am suprised most, is that there is not already outrage that you were allowed to kill child in game. As far as I can tell, TellTale went somewhere where nobody ever went in video game: this is probably the first occassion in video game, where you were allowed to do something like this (reason why you did it does not matter), even though it was not shown graphically in the end. I just really hope Telltale did not bring themselves into too much trouble with this scene.

Fallout 2 let you kill kids left and right, Bioshock let you harvest little sisters. It's territory that's been done before--not that it wasn't a punch to the gut, but still.

• Yeah, FallOut copped out with this situation too (They had child killing in earlier installments, but removed it later). But, I mean, it's TWD, it's going to happen.

Adults should monitor their children's game playing habits. There, that worked for RockStar, it'll work for you guys at TTG. :D Problem solved.

• Older fallouts were released in era, where games were still something little underground, so it could slip easily under radar. And for Bioschock, harvesting little sister was part of game mechanic and they were also not completely human.
    In case of TWD, it is something unique, that was never done before. You are faced with child, with who you talked few hours ago normally, this child had its own character and backstory - in short, was portrayed as human being. So yeah, in my opinion Telltale did something that was never attempted before. And I salute them, for having balls to go there. After all, games are no longer only for some nerdy dorks in basements or kids, it is reaching broad audience of adults, and such themes should be explored too, if they bring something new into genre.

• @Dildor said: I waited as long as I could bare to see Duck like that, wasn't too long, and then I told him goodnight. What a fucked up way for him to go.

You can tell him 'goodnight' in the game? Da fuck? This guy is asking if anyone has waiting long enough for anything special to happen.

• I waited around a minute and nothing happened. I was hoping to see if he would come back before shooting, but I didn't see any option for that.

• what there trying to say is there never been a child killing in the current gen of gameing

• @Faramis said: Older fallouts were released in era, where games were still something little underground, so it could slip easily under radar.

Yeah. Fallout 2 was back in 1998 (I think there was a bit of child killing in 1994's Ultima VIII: Pagan too) and at the time gaming was still very much an obscure geek hobby. Now it's a worldwide thing with mainstream success up there with literature and cinema, though perhaps not commanding the same level of respect yet.

• As Merc mentioned, you can "harvest" the Little Sisters in Bioshock, a recent game. It's explained you're just outright killing them when you do that and if you save them instead they're just normal little girls again. The ending changes based on which you choose to do.

As for Duck, I haven't tried it yet, but several people have hinted at choosing the "..." silent option in that situation or choosing nothing and letting the timer run out. Apparently the silent protagonist is one of the QA teams favorite ways to play because you get interesting results. I personally did my second run through of episode 1 doing "..." as much as possible, but didn't seem to make much of a difference, that I noticed, except people saying I needed to talk more.

Add Comment