User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SPOILERS Spoiler the thread!

I think she overreacted hardcore but so did Kenny in the freezer... At least she is consistent. Kenny on the other hand.

Freezer Kenny: HULK HEAD-SMASH LARRY.

That thing happens before the train Kenny: PFFT... HE WON'T TURN... KEEP HIM NEAR ALL THE OTHER UNINFECTED PEOPLE...

What a jackass... I mean I understand why he did it but he should have thought about that before smashing Larrys head in.

SPOILERS

• She left the group, why spend any time appreciating her; good riddance.

• @MakersWax said: She left the group, why spend any time appreciating her; good riddance.

Carley died. Why spend time crying about her? She was missing most of episode 2 anyway...

• @YamiRaziel said: Carley died. Why spend time crying about her? She was missing most of episode 2 anyway...

Because no matter what happens she was the one who we could count on, and trust. As far as I'm concerned, I'm on Team Lee

• @MakersWax said: She left the group, why spend any time appreciating her; good riddance.

Carley died. Why spend time crying about her? She was missing most of episode 2 anyway...

The13thRonin I agree. When you do something as drastic as that you, you can't really expect everything to return back to normal. I think all this would've been avoided if he just left the group right after episode 2. He started all this.

• SonnyN18, trust her, maybe! Rely on her, not really!
    She can shoot walkers but nothing else. Big groups need a leader or that's what happens.

• @YamiRaziel said: Carley died. Why spend time crying about her? She was missing most of episode 2 anyway...

Exactly. Not worried about her or Doug (whom I saved). Lilly in particular didn't bring anything to my game, in which she moped for three episodes and then bailed.

• @YamiRaziel said: SonnyN18, trust her, maybe! Rely on her, not really?
    She can shoot walkers but nothing else. Big groups need a leader or that's what happens.

You know what happened? She cracked and killed someone, some leader. I appreciate for what's she done but she took it to far this time. It was unnecessary. She's not capable of being the leader anymore, she's run her course. I would not let her join my group if the decision allowed me. And plus Carly was always honest with me.

• I think you misinterpret the idea of an appreciation thread.
    SonnyN18, of course she can't be the leader atm. At least not until post-Woodbury events. She is not the only one to blame for that...
    I believe that after she kills the Governor she will get a hold of her life. She's a figther, she will endure.

MakersWax, not to be rude, mate, but if she didn't bring anything to your game then this isn't your thread. This is a thread for people who were actually affected by her story and regard her as something worth discussing.

In my opinion her story and the entire downfall are much more interesting and thought provoking than some wasted silly Carley-Lee romance all seem to be crying about.

• You say that we can't knwo that Kenny saved us, and you're right. But at the same time, we don't know that Larry was alive. I was afraid he'd turn, so I helped Kenny. Do I feel bad? Yes, I do feel bad about Larry. That I helped when we didn't know if he was dead or not. Lilly still had no reason to shoot Carley, where Kenny may have had a reason to kill Larry.

If we blame the bandit raid on anyone, it can't be Kenny. Probably Ben for going behind our backs and not telling us about the deal, but Kenny fixed up the RV which allowed the group to escape. If he hadn't it's likely that no one would have made it out of the motor inn alive. And Lilly's reasoning went only as far as Larry. It was really him in charge if you think about it, because she never went against him. If she stepped out of line once with him, she was always quick to retract it. Kenny's no saint, but neither is Lilly.

And Carley/Doug's death is on Lilly, she pulled the trigger. No matter her mental state, she murdered them as much, if not more than Kenny murdered Larry. She's a danger to the group now. I personally would not let her back in, and I left her on that road without a second thought. She's no better than Kenny or Lee or anyone else. She even drives off with the RV and leaves you all stranded at the train if you take her with you after that. She straight up lies to you and says that she'll take you and Clem with her if you agree to leave in the RV, and then immediately drives away after you step out. Can't trust her any more than Kenny, or Ben, or Chuck, or anyone who isn't named Lee Everett.

Add Comment