User Avatar Image

Carley#RealTalk

posted by GiddyKickinwing on - last edited - Viewed by 788 users

Im just makeing my observation clear so that in later episodes or seasons this will not come by great surprise....

(Brief Observation before Carleys death)
The system is still tracking if carley will remember certain stances taken by the the player such as "Carley is Trustworthy" in the RV a minute prior to carley getting put down like a shotgun faggot spamming in call of duty

(The science)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and preemptively say, without any calculations, that theoretically a bullet does have enough energy to knock over a person but in practice it won't usually happen if the bullet works the way it is supposed to. Handgun cartridges can generate several hundred ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle, which I would think is sufficient force to at least push an average sized person by some amount. However, a bullet works by causing a disturbance to internal organs and tissue (leading to tissue damage and blood loss, etc.) If all of the bullet's energy went into pushing the person or knocking him back, I would suspect that it would not do a good job of disturbing vital tissue. Therefore, I think it is safe to say that most of a bullet's energy goes into disrupting tissue rather than knocking the person down. I'm sure a fair amount of energy is lost in "pushing," and that it is possible for someone to be knocked down, but I think most of the time the person will just fall after enough tissue/nerve damage or loss of blood or blood pressure.

(The point)

Carley may have sustained a fatal blow from the She-Devil. But according to science there may be a 10-35% chance the bullet was directed at a time at which carley was shifting body momentum to turn around lessening the damage of the handguns bullet. (Possible Survival) Theres some hope you fanboy faggoteers, just be happy it wasnt a shotgun in call of duty. I did like carley in my group but I have to say her getting blasted and coming back would be better. Minus the hole in her cheek.. The END...

88 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wake the fuck up.. She is dead

• ... and start using the search engine. This forum is already crawling with hundreds of topics where people cry about Carley's death.
    There was even one exact same thread just like that.
    Shouldn't any mod like clear it a bit and combine all those same topics in one?

• Im not crying about anything, just thought it was interesting how she died lol

• @RoboSheriff said: Wake the fuck up.. She is dead

3cha

• Honestly, all we can hope for is perhaps a flashback or if Lee starts dreaming or hallucinating about her after taking one too many falls.

• For the sake of telltale and the respect of the walking dead series, she will not come back alive. Obviously everyone wants her back...thats the entire point. I dont understand why everyone is making threads like "we want carly back"....NO DUH. Every single person on the playthrough that is normal will agree that they either liked carly or were sad to see her go (or both). Either way, she is gone.

• @kirby18 said: For the sake of telltale and the respect of the walking dead series, she will not come back alive. Obviously everyone wants her back...thats the entire point. I dont understand why everyone is making threads like "we want carly back"....NO DUH. Every single person on the playthrough that is normal will agree that they either liked carly or were sad to see her go (or both). Either way, she is gone.

But, as I stated on a near identical thread, is that it wouldn't be disrespectful to the series to bring back Carley. Sure most people want her alive, but who in their right mind fully expects her to return? I for one would be happy to see her come back, and frankly want her to, but I know for damned sure that she isn't.

So, in that vein, it would be entirely out of left field for her to actually come back. And cinematically, something coming out of left field as such can be handled correctly, so long it isn't over the top. It would be a great and welcome device if they used to to bring a candle into the dark abyss that the series is plunging down.

It would break my suspension of disbelief far less for her to come back, than for this series to continue to try and be darker and darker without a glimmer of hope. If it continues to be darker, you can bet that they'd have to do something to lighten it at least a little, or people will see through the story as just trying to go for darkness and be a death-and-despair-fest. For something to lighten that up, bringing Carley back would be a big thing, and would surely be a nice beacon of light, that not all is lost.

Now, there is surely a right and wrong way to handle her coming back. They for one can't at all allude to her survival, until the exact moment she strolls up, and for two, it can't be over the top. Don't even explain it, or do so very briefly, let the mere fact of her survival, and her showing up be all the explanation, until later, when the dramatic tension is lifted, in a conversation with her.

In all, it is highly unlikely that we'll see anymore of her, but I don't see her coming back as a step in the wrong direction by any means.

• WD I believe Telltale can do anything they want and if rateings go down.... BAM!! Carley in season 2 and everyone would be hit with shock. Its a far reach but hey TTG does what they want so who knows

• I could see her coming back in some kind of dream sequence, maybe something that happened at the motor inn in the three months period between episodes 1 and 2, but she's dead. Lilly murdered her. I wish she was still with us though, because my hope for the rest of the characters kind of died with her :(

• Guys, believe me I would love to see Carley return. Perhaps found by another group of survivors with a good doctor and all going in the same direction but wouldn't the reunion go something like this...

Lee: "OMG! Carley! You're alive!"

Carley (face half bandaged) "You f**kers left me for dead!!!"

Add Comment