User Avatar Image

Man " adapt to the choices you make"? What choices?!?

posted by JackSeifer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Every decision made up to this point really didn't make no difference at all. What's the point of saving Carley or Doug if they die anyway? What's the point of sided with Lily or doing all you can to save Larry if Lily leaves and you pretty much patch up things with Kenny? Every choice in this game is bullshit and pointless, it's too much of a rail game, even that bs decision where you had to give out food. I don't care at all about putting up more money towards the game but damn c'mon can I at least get more options which will actually effect something? I loved the game up but the lack of how ineffective my decisions are to the story is pissing me off. Dude, throw a donate button on your site and I wouldn't mind kicking out some cash for an actual update that would tidy up some choices so you actually can save Carley or leave with Lily or something.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This game was full of choices. You mean to complain about the lack of change, not choice.

I'm so sick of hearing about this. It's gone nowhere and there's way too many people opening topics to talk nothing new about this. If you think Mass Effect did it better, play Mass Effect. They simply didn't have the money to make this game the way it should have been made when they started. Now that millions have bought this game and they have collossal profits, maybe season 2 will be more varied.

Until then, I don't give a fuck.

• @Master of Aeons said: This game was full of choices. You mean to complain about the lack of change, not choice.

I'm so sick of hearing about this. It's gone nowhere and there's way too many people opening topics to talk nothing new about this. If you think Mass Effect did it better, play Mass Effect. They simply didn't have the money to make this game the way it should have been made when they started. Now that millions have bought this game and they have collossal profits, maybe season 2 will be more varied.

Until then, I don't give a fuck.

So if you don't give a fuck don't comment, and I said nothing about mass effect and asked for a donate button so for those who support the game can actually support it's production. The point of making a game and a great story is for the people to enjoy and make money right, if so many people raging about the last chapter whys it wrong to throw out suggestions that can benefit everyone, even making their income better from the supporters. Actually stop and read someone's post all the way through before doing a reply bro

• I'm sure this first season's overall plot is already established. We were always supposed to follow the path they set for us with slight deviations here or there. I don't think it's reasonable to expect a fully immersive experience with diverse branching narratives from a 2-3 hour episode worth only $5. That's what the big AAA titles are for. Maybe TTG can improve on this in the second season.

• @Awesoke said: I'm sure this first season's overall plot is already established. We were always supposed to follow the path they set for us with slight deviations here or there. I don't think it's reasonable to expect a fully immersive experience with diverse branching narratives from a 2-3 hour episode worth only $5. That's what the big AAA titles are for. Maybe TTG can improve on this in the second season.

That's a good point. But now my question is, is it confirmed that we are getting a season 2 of this game? If so that would be pretty friggin sweet but I just hope the bring it with the decision making

• Consider The Walking Dead Game Like Titanic [im sure you have a disaster metaphor]

In the End you know the ships going to sink. You can't change that. But you can either bone rose or beat up her husband or get drunk with molly brown or numerous other things. The destination is decided How you get there on the other hand determines how the story plays out. Is lily extra bitchy to you or kinda sweet. same thing with Kenny. Choices you make matters the the ....Ambiance? Setting? but may not really seem to matter to the plot. But it's not like Skyrim lets you say "Hey Alduin you wanna be buddies? your going to kill him eventually but if you do it after you become leader of all the guilds and a vampire or not is up to you.

• @JackSeifer said: That's a good point. But now my question is, is it confirmed that we are getting a season 2 of this game? If so that would be pretty friggin sweet but I just hope the bring it with the decision making

It's been confirmed that this is not the last Walking Dead related thing Telltale does, so yeah there probably will be a season 2.

• i don't think it's really possible to make a "your choices matter" unless you're ready to make no less than 4 other games within one.

• How can you make more than one game in one game?

• And how many big budgets video games actually change into really different branches? And I mean games in which the narrative is the driving factor, not open world where the point is that you can do whatever you want. But I mean...Mass Effect does not change...yeah characters change, reactions change, but the missions are still the same. Dragon Age is the same as ME, but with a different end mission in 2. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is completely linear, you can only lose if do a wrong choice(yeah and the Child, you can give it to somebody and then have to reclaim it...but the MISSION is still the same), Heavy Rain? Yeah characters can die and scenes are then different...but scences are different in Walking Dead as well if you made certain choices.

Maybe I missed something...maybe I'm just stupid. But what did you expect? That the game suddenly turns into a shooter if you always want to fight? That you can join Lilly on her epic quest and have completely branching Ep 4 and 5?

@Drbg said: How can you make more than one game in one game?

Maybe they find a old Arcade machine or a Pinball machine in Savannah...and you can play it. That would be a game in a game, right?

• @Cloudchaser said: And how many big budgets video games actually change into really different branches? And I mean games in which the narrative is the driving factor, not open world where the point is that you can do whatever you want. But I mean...Mass Effect does not change...yeah characters change, reactions change, but the missions are still the same. Dragon Age is the same as ME, but with a different end mission in 2. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is completely linear, you can only lose if do a wrong choice(yeah and the Child, you can give it to somebody and then have to reclaim it...but the MISSION is still the same), Heavy Rain? Yeah characters can die and scenes are then different...but scences are different in Walking Dead as well if you made certain choices.

Maybe I missed something...maybe I'm just stupid. But what did you expect? That the game suddenly turns into a shooter if you always want to fight? That you can join Lilly on her epic quest and have completely branching Ep 4 and 5?

Maybe they find a old Arcade machine or a Pinball machine in Savannah...and you can play it. That would be a game in a game, right?

Maybe you can find a dildo and play samurai warrior with lily too. That's a game in a game too right? Yeah man, I see your point now. -.-

You're still playing the same game, but you're playing a part of the game.

Add Comment