User Avatar Image

Noone is coming back guys! geez

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 483 users

I know Im the negative nancy here but can we please just look at how if carly/doug or lilly comes back it will take away from the plot ...?

First off carly was shot in the head from point blank. I dont care if the bullet grazed her but she dropped and Im pretty sure it would have been useless to check on her. But lets go along with your fairy tale that she survived, ok?
How on earth is she going to find transportation to Savanah (if she even knew where we were going), avoid the zombies that were right behind them as they left, and oh just feel fine after being shot in the head ??

As for lilly, I will admit because there has been no evidence to prove other wise so it is possible for her to come back SOLELY because she knew where we were headed. But lets be realistic now. She knows the group despise her, so there goes the want. I mean is there anything that would urge her to say, hey I really want to be a part of the group again? There is no way the RV had enough fuel for the trip and also she was against the boat idea. Could she come back? sure but if she does I think there needs to be some LEGENDARY writing to make sure she just doesnt pop up randomly.

Now please read this before you make any stupid comments which I fully expect:

1) I loved carlys character. She (and if you chose doug) were the only level headed adult left. Lilly I didnt mind...I kept her and would be willing to give her another chance

2) I know its just a game and lilly/carly OR glenn for that matter returning may sound awesome and it would enhance the storyline. I would be fine with it if something corny like this happened before but it hasnt! TT has written a brilliant plot that has kept it realistic WITHOUT eliminating great plot twists AND avoiding plot holes. You may argue now but I know I would feel cheated if lilly/carly returned, even if I am happy and will be extremely enticed to the story still I would still feel like that shouldnt have happened. Just bare with me and look at it like that... so please no arguments "Its just a story, its fake, its a game where things like this are supposed to happen"

3) To simplify what I said, its not that I dont want carly or lilly to return but they shouldnt because if either one did there would be some major plot hole.

4) Carly > Lilly

5) Stop with the carly threads !!!! gosh

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

I find highly unprobable Lilly ever returns.

If you left her on the road, she will probably have to scavenge and run for food and guns and will probably never think about hunting you (hell, how do you want her to do that? with a tracking GPS device? let's be serious...). Her survival time is counted.

On the other hand, if you let her pick the RV then she drives the opposite way. It's clear she is not heading the same direction you are, and she might think she screwed the whole team at this train. How could she know the train could head to Savannah (what a luck).

Nope bro...

Lilly is NEVER coming back.

And this adds to the whole story: you meet new people, lose some. That's what is interesting.

• It's the Walking Dead, this means people die and there are no happy endings.

Brace yourselves or stop now and live in your fairy tales.

• @Thadeum said: I find highly unprobable Lilly ever returns.

If you left her on the road, she will probably have to scavenge and run for food and guns and will probably never think about hunting you (hell, how do you want her to do that? with a tracking GPS device? let's be serious...). Her survival time is counted.

On the other hand, if you let her pick the RV then she drives the opposite way. It's clear she is not heading the same direction you are, and she might think she screwed the whole team at this train. How could she know the train could head to Savannah (what a luck).

Nope bro...

Lilly is NEVER coming back.

And this adds to the whole story: you meet new people, lose some. That's what is interesting.

Well im pretty sure she knew we were heading to savanah, nd even if noone directly told her she can take a pretty good hunch. I can think of plenty of ways she would return but i havnt thought of one yet that is believable. the closest i have is that she gets captured/ kid napped by a gang who than is moving to savanah for some reason...

@Thadeum said: It's the Walking Dead, this means people die and there are no happy endings.

Brace yourselves or stop now and live in your fairy tales.

Yea, I just dont understand how many ppl on this forum are trying to convince themselves and us that they will somehow return. tt can do whatever they want so can they return? physically yes, logically no

• I agree none must come back, but (yeah there always a but with me ^^) you can take characters without piss..g off fans with a good reason or a good twist, but i can't see one anywhere for carley. Ok for Dougi, he play the hero, the end was bad... For Carley all i see is just Lilly losing control and bang...

I fact, the only problem is the player can't do anything, in all the 3 chapters to change anything, to save anybody. Yeah people die, yes it's the walking dead, but if you don't play for fun, you play for what ? Story ? If i can tailor it ok (like the game show it on my screen when the game begin), it's not the case in all the chapter.

So yeah they're dead... Look at the % of players on the succes steam's page of the game. They've lost 80% of their players... What now ???

• @malcom155 said: I agree none must come back, but (yeah there always a but with me ^^) you can take characters without piss..g off fans with a good reason or a good twist, but i can't see one anywhere for carley. Ok for Dougi, he play the hero, the end was bad... For Carley all i see is just Lilly losing control and bang...

I fact, the only problem is the player can't do anything, in all the 3 chapters to change anything, to save anybody. Yeah people die, yes it's the walking dead, but if you don't play for fun, you play for what ? Story ? If i can tailor it ok (like the game show it on my screen when the game begin), it's not the case in all the chapter.

So yeah they're dead... Look at the % of players on the succes steam's page of the game. They've lost 80% of their players... What now ???

Thats life man, sometimes people die unexpectedly and senselessly. Its a zombie apocalypse and the characters are under a lot of stress. S*** happens. If you have that big of a problem with it then maybe the walking dead isn't for you. Grow some back bone son! :D

• Couldn't have said it better myself. What is this Steam success page?

• Dude, I can't wait for Mark to come back!

• @Master of Aeons said: Dude, I can't wait for Mark to come back!

Mark? how about chet, the legend himself

• @kirby18 said: Mark? how about chet, the legend himself

yeah, what we didn't realise it that david (the teacher) is a kung fu master and when we didnt cut his leg off he actually managed to avoid being bitten and just broke all the necks of the zombies broke out of the trap (he forgot about is special shatter metal punch) he then kicked the ass of all the toughest bandits and became king bandit, he wanted to keep tabs on Ben (but not reveal who he was) so the deal was set up and the bandit were told not to kill ben at all costs, they didnt kill ben but they made the group flee, now David the king of the bandits, is on a mission to find and protect ben at all costs

• And can we really confirm that Clems baby sitter is dead? I mean we dont even know if she is a walker, and I have seen plenty survive multiple hammers to the head. If she is a good babysitter she would be looking for clem and tracking down clues for her.

Add Comment