User Avatar Image

Do you think it would be possible to cure an infected person?

posted by Gvazdas on - last edited - Viewed by 632 users

Hey guys, so I've recently thought about this.
What if you were actually able to stop an infection if you were to act fast and had the proper medical supplies?
Now, I did not study medicine, but here's what I understand:
1. After someone was bitten by an infected zombie, the zombie sinks their teeth in a victim's skin, causing a wound and bacteria from their mouth and saliva to get into the wound.
2. Infection is never instant in a real-life situation. If you have, say, experience in medicine, have the proper medical supplies and perhaps even a doctor near you, a real-life infection could be cured almost instantly.
Now, if you were infected and had so much experience and expertise in medicine, and acted fast, do you think you'd be able to cure your infection?
As soon as you get bitten and kill the zombie, you clean your wound with a medicinal towel, then pour a lot of peroxide on the wound, clean it again and swallow some anti-bacterial pills (I'm not sure those exist) and do whatever you can with the medicine you have to get cured.
So, what do you think? Vote in the poll and then post your opinion.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ni haven't read the comics so im really ignorant of the story/infection in TWD. But i'd say the infection will eventually dissappear like the "flu pandemic" in the 18's

• if you cut off the limb that was bitten and you survive that may stop the infection, but you would still be potential a zombie, everybody is infected

• @thestalkinghead said: if you cut off the limb that was bitten and you survive that may stop the infection, but you would still be potential a zombie, everybody is infected

You're only a zombie if you've been infected through a bite or have died.

• @Gvazdas said: You're only a zombie if you've been infected through a bite or have died.

Exactly, once you die whether bitten or not you turn into a zombie. TWD has so far not revealed how it started so for all we know the "virus" is airborne.

• @darham175 said: Exactly, once you die whether bitten or not you turn into a zombie. TWD has so far not revealed how it started so for all we know the "virus" is airborne.

Well, the only logical explanation is it is. It doesn't make sense if a person turns into a zombie AFTER infection, though. If he is infected, why won't he get infected immediately? Does he need a stimulus such as dying blood cells or other fully infected bacteria?

• Everybody is infected, if you die (zombie kill or not) you will become a zombie.

its the walking dead rules

• It could be that the breakdown of cells upon death creates some sort of enzyme or something that acts as a catalyst for the virus in it's take over of the "host".

• @thestalkinghead said: Everybody is infected, if you die (zombie kill or not) you will become a zombie.

its the walking dead rules

It is, the question was if you could save a person that was BITTEN and not dead yet.

• Maybe the virus is something that was always inside people, but one day something made it go active upon death? That could be what started the apocalypse. And the walkers biting you could maybe transfer some more of that stuff into your body, which speeds up the activation of the "Dead-germ" or whatever it is, and begins turning you into a walker without having to wait for death?

But I think the only way to stop this infection is by amputating the limb(s) that were bitten, and very quickly at that. Once the virus takes over, and you die and come back as a zombie, there can be no cure because you're already dead.

• @Rock114 said: Maybe the virus is something that was always inside people, but one day something made it go active upon death? That could be what started the apocalypse. And the walkers biting you could maybe transfer some more of that stuff into your body, which speeds up the activation of the "Dead-germ" or whatever it is, and begins turning you into a walker without having to wait for death?

But I think the only way to stop this infection is by amputating the limb(s) that were bitten, and very quickly at that. Once the virus takes over, and you die and come back as a zombie, there can be no cure because you're already dead.

Technically, the germ (bacteria) could be cured by peroxide or other healing aids that kill any kind of bacteria. So amputation wouldn't be necessary if healed quick enough.

Add Comment