49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • it should do i have full throttle (cd version) and beneath a steel sky working fine on vista ultimate

i just copied the entire cd into a folder as scummvm doesn't always agree with cd copies

• Does that version of Sam & Max have enhanced music and not the midi stuff?
    I first played the game on a mac years and years ago and it had a sticker on the box saying it was an "Enhanced Mac version" which I never got what was enhanced about it, until years later when I booted up a pc version of the game and realized the music wasn't as full sounding as I remembered. After downloading the soundtrack to the game online and listening to the mp3's they were the of the quality I remembered.
    I would love to get a version of Sam & Max for the PC that has the full music but I have no idea if they even exsist.

• [quote=xChri5x;37473]Does that version of Sam & Max have enhanced music and not the midi stuff?
    I first played the game on a mac years and years ago and it had a sticker on the box saying it was an "Enhanced Mac version" which I never got what was enhanced about it, until years later when I booted up a pc version of the game and realized the music wasn't as full sounding as I remembered. After downloading the soundtrack to the game online and listening to the mp3's they were the of the quality I remembered.
    I would love to get a version of Sam & Max for the PC that has the full music but I have no idea if they even exsist.[/quote]

Oh wow, I don't know. I haven't actually ordered the item yet, so if anyone knows...? :)

• I don't think any version of Hit the Road ever had live music. I'm guessing you were just hearing the difference between MIDI synthesizers on the two computers.

• It wasn't live music, but it was alot better quality.
    It's a pretty big difference if you listen to the music from here: http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/smax.htm compared to the music in the game

• [quote=tabacco;37475]I don't think any version of Hit the Road ever had live music. I'm guessing you were just hearing the difference between MIDI synthesizers on the two computers.[/quote]

Shame. :(

Is everyone sure this'll run on Vista Home Premium? I ran CMI this morning and I couldn't interact with anything and the game froze for like 2 seconds after every speech. :(

• hit the road is cheaper on play.com than amazon by around a fiver and the postage is free and fairly efficient

for CMI were you running it through the latest version of scummvm

• [quote=patters;37479]hit the road is cheaper on play.com than amazon by around a fiver and the postage is free and fairly efficient[/quote]

Nice find patters, cheers. I'll take a look at their terms of service and stuff (never ordered from them).

• they are quite good i often use them to order cd's and there is an edit to my last post

Add Comment