User Avatar Image

Do Christa and Omid have potential?

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 560 users

Do you think Christa and Omid have potential to be well liked by fans, like Carly and Doug were?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Omid maybe but Christa at the moment reminds people of Lilly to much

• Omid so far is semi-likable, although it's still too early to tell. Christa, on the other hand, seems like your typical... ill-mannered female character. There is nothing likable about her yet.

• Yeah, I'm not a fan of Christa yet, but Omid could turn interesting.

• Well, I can't represent a fanbase, but speaking for myself I would say "yes", they do have the potential to be liked. However I doubt I would like them as much.

I hope Christa and Omid do not serve as direct replacements i.e. Omid being the friend to Lee as Doug was, and Christa being the friend/interest to Lee as Carley was.

• I think Omid is pretty likable as well... but Ben is kinda replacing Doug for me, I feel that somehow he has potential if he actually listens to Lee... and Christa... well, she didn't make a good first impression on me, but I don't think she means ill. She might actually be very helpful, because she looks like the kind of person who can handle... survival stuff.

• Omid could die in Ep 4, which might cause a change of character in Christa, making her more likable?

• @Khazmo said: Yeah, I'm not a fan of Christa yet, but Omid could turn interesting.

I agree. Unfortunately, I'm also under the impression Omid won't make it far into Episode 4.

• Probably not enough time in the season to bond the same way. Granted it only takes a full episode to get a feel of a character; but at this late stage of the game they're more like meat shields for me, Clem and Kenny to complete this gauntlet

• @Viner16 said: Omid could die in Ep 4, which might cause a change of character in Christa, making her more likable?

People watching their loved ones die doesn't usually make them more likable. As a matter of fact, studies have shown it leads to murder.

• I don't think either of the characters will fare very well with fans, based on what I've seen in Episode 3. As stated by Acadias, Christa reminds people of Lilly and very few people warm to the stereotypical bitch. Omid is also going to be disliked by a large part of the playerbase because he's not a man's man - you wouldn't expect him to survive long on his own and he seems to make your group weaker rather than stronger. Say what you want about Kenny, but the guy's at least capable when things get bad.

One of the reasons people like Clementine so much is because she's smart and resourceful. Even though you're put into the role of her protector, it feels like a mutually beneficial relationship from the very get-go when she hands you that hammer in Episode 1 (and continues to prove her usefulness in every episode). Christa and especially Omid feel like dead weight.

Add Comment