User Avatar Image

[Spoilers - Ep. 3] In defence of Ben

posted by Googolplexbyte on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Wasn't Ben just preventing the inevitable? Like Eagle hair is paraphrase as having said, "the second the dairy farm stopped bandits would get us instead".

If not for Ben, the bandits would've got us right at the end of ep. 2. Sure the secrecy was fucking stupid, but lee's no one to judge others for secrecy.

It's completely Lilly's fault really, if she hadn't started a gun fight with an army of bandits attracting an army of dead, everyone could got out of there at there own pace. Plus stealing's hardly punishable by death, she'd gone crazy. Was she still nuts later in the comic?

Also it was kind of inevitable doug/carley would've died they'd taken a bit of a backseat in the story.

And honestly what other choice was there, it was probably a deal made at gunpoint considering bandits and all. Plus we raided the entire pharmacy and it was time to leave any way.

Plus even if I were wrong in my opinion, the game should still have the decency to let me show it in game rather than forcing me to be an ass to Ben.

191 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ben is like, the new Larry or something.

I agree with you, don't think he deserves all the hate he's getting... I am making him my new bro, since Doug sacrificed himself for Ben, and I actually think he has a lot of potential if he listens to Lee, I hope he sticks around and doesn't let me down. He seems to have a good nature, for me at least.

• Yeah, I know how you feel, i made a poll earlier.

"Can we really kill Ben?

I did it because of the thread "Kill Ben Project", Personally it's a stupid project, you're killing a scared kid that was defended by Carley, she and Doug died protecting Ben.

It's a game, I know that, but the people who really like Carley and had a connection with her think she's the only human being here, they're willing to Kill Ben over her death.

I personally had a connection with Doug rather than Carley, at first i blamed Ben, but after thinking about it, It was mostly Lilly's fault, she didn't wanna leave the motel, she got pissed over stolen meds, she wanted to kill whoever took the supplies.

I hope if there's an option to save or leave Ben, the majority of the people would help Ben instead of leave him, otherwise i'm losing faith within the people who tried to do good.

• @Googolplexbyte said:
    Plus even if I were wrong in my opinion, the game should still have the decency to let me show it in game rather than forcing me to be an ass to Ben.

I'm with you on this, in my Carley play I don't want to be "nice" to him anyway but on my Doug play I want to, but you can't. No matter what option you pick it comes off as being negative.

• To be honest. I always thought someone more important was going to be the one stealing the goods. You know someone stepping up to the plate. Knowing that the bandits could attack and people could die. This way they keep the bandits happy and everyone safe. I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't go through a few people's head.

But to be honest it was pretty obvious that Ben was the one that was stealing. I just kinda hope they would give a better reason than "They said they had one of my classmates." If they went along the story line of he did it for the group to keep them safe.

Ben isn't the strongest of characters and i'm pretty sure he feels kinda useless. So that could've been his attempt at helping the group I guess. I probably would've had more respect for him if he did something like that.

• I'll just post what I had in the other thread.

@Acadias said: He pretty much is the cause of all this but in the end I just can't find myself to hate Ben, Hes young and stupid.

That doesn't mean I'll trust him I'll always know what he did and have a suspicion of him but in the end I'll save him if I had to.

While Ben did make a deal with the Bandits he didn't do so to hurt the group and the one who who killed Carly/Doug was Lilly. Ducks and Katjas blood though is on his hands and if Kenny ever finds out hes a dead man.

So while I don't hate Ben hes not someone I'll give any important jobs to and will be stuck to the worst jobs and is not to be trusted until he redeems himself.

• His redemption will begin promptly at the beginning of Ep or as soon as I can get Kenny's ear

• I really hope they don't pull a "now that he's redeemed, he dies lolwut" on Ben, just like they did with most characters that were hated, that would kinda suck =\

• @Xarne said: His redemption will begin promptly at the beginning of Ep or as soon as I can get Kenny's ear

Only if they let you tell him, which I'm thinking they wont.

• I dont want go through 2 more episodes of his whimpering, TTG needs to give him a 'Duck Ep3 makeover' and get this guy on the ball already. Dude is like the biggest guy in the group...scared of Lily. Well, all obstacles are cleared champ, please get out there and...do something in Ep 4... besides throwing all our lives into danger again. And staring at me.

• @JCMcAdams84 said: Only if they let you tell him, which I'm thinking they wont.

Good lord man, next thing you'll be telling me he's the last survivor of Ep5.
    If he gets away with the death of one group member and indirect death of Kenny's entire family scott free....I will be very /sadface

Add Comment