User Avatar Image

Help me to learn English Like a native

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Hi, I would like to learn English but in our country and in our schools they really don't teach us English! just a little about grammatical rules :( I learned a little by myself ! but still I have some problems

I just need you guys come here some times and help me to find out some of my questions about this language

thanks

186 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, it means "stop talking".

• hi, im now studing english on a course. until now i never studing english, all that i laerned was by myselft.

the only advide that i can give is... practise... the most practice you have the better.
    like the little kid that knows the languaje by hear their parents tv, etc, you must learn english in everyplace where you can learn things...

by whatching movies with english languaje and english subtitles, using a dictionary. and also using all thosefree pages that exist with exercises. the bbc website have a lot, but there are many others.

and try to make it funny...

one very good and funny way of learn english, is by ear english songs with the lyrics from any site.

or by entering on this cool website...
    http://es.lyricstraining.com/

go to register there, is free and this way you could keep your points.

then, search a song, this website uses youtube and every person can write the lyrcis for that song.

then, you must hear the song, and write some words that not happened. the more difficulty you select, the more words you must fill.

this is a very good and funny way of learn english using the music. just try it with one of your favorite songs, and starts to learn some english meanwhile you make fun with it...

for example, i dont know too many english. but i can sing the "eye of the tiger" rocky 3 song thanks to this. and this is so cool! ;)

• one really good way to learning is go to "lyrics training" website (search it by google). listening music from youtube you must answer wich words are those that appears like "????" in the lyrics meanwhile you play the song. and you can register there for keep your points table. hehe

if not, just take a lot of the lyrics of many songs in the net, and then listen that songs using these lyrics. is do the same, but in other way.

thats a very interesting and very funny way to learn english for sure! ;)

i never studing english until right now. and all that i was learned in those years was by watch movies with english languaje and subtititles, and by hear many songs with the lyrics taken from the net.

greetings ;)

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

Thanks again.
    About lyrics training website I think It's a good way too but it's a matter of my net speed, I'm using mobile internet (speed is awful)

What exactly crowdsource does mean in the following sentence?

"Cordis Die" social network has crowdsourced simultaneous protests in both Iran and North Korea

• @N7. said: What exactly does crowdsource mean in the following sentence?

"Cordis Die" social network has crowdsourced simultaneous protests in both Iran and North Korea

Fixed.

When you "outsource" something, it means you hire someone else outside of your company to do it for you.

To "crowdsource" something would then mean the same as outsourcing, except that a large crowd of individual people are involved.

Crowdfunding is a form of crowdsourcing. Kickstarter, which helps people get money for projects from thousands of people on the internet, is a good example of crowdfunding.

This means that Cordis Die got a bunch of regular people together to protest for them, and they used their social networking site to help organize it.

• Just a note that outsourcing doesn't have to mean you send it out of country. That is officially "offshore outsourcing" or just "offshoring." Outsourcing can also mean you hire someone outside of your organization to do something for you, but they can be in the same country.

Crowdsourcing is a brand new word. It didn't exist five years ago. It's just a short way of saying "outsourcing to the crowd" where "the crowd" are a large number of people willing to do something for you. If a huge number of people each do something really small, it can add up to a lot.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

Thanks for help, I appreciate it.

• I always thought Latin was very hard, actually when i was younger I went to a private school the priest spoke everything in Latin. which became annoying.

• You should try listening to audio books. Especially the ones done like plays with special effects and lots of dramatization. And you can follow along with a printed book if you like. I am someone who learns well when I can listen to things.

• Sailor Moon: I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice. In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over evil... and that means you!

Add Comment