posted by DreadMagus on - last edited - Viewed by 489 users

Carley? :(

Was it Drama?

Was it planned from the beginning?

Was it budget cuts?

Was it a short straw draw by the VAs?

Who would really know this answer?

Do we really want to know the answer?

Personally, I think the entire story was set in stone before they even started coding.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Carley? :(

Was it Drama?

Was it budget cuts?

Personally, I think the entire story was set in stone before they even started coding.

TT took a memo from Kirkman. U know how when he kills off a character that people care about, it usually effects a character in a big way. The question is, how did it effect you?

• To not spend time having to do 2 stories, one with Doug and the other with carley!
    is what i think.

• @DreadMagus said: Carley? :(

Was it Drama?

Was it budget cuts?

See now think that they had episode 1 in stone and the ending because they said that but all of the others I think we had a little part in because after starved for help, when there show "next time on the walking dead" there's the part where there ALL standing in a line including Kenny so they must of but the zombie scene in because I feel until after episode 1 was when they thought, okay let's kill of so and so. (sorry I'm from England so my saying might not make sense)

• @SonnyN18 said: TT took a memo from Kirkman. U know how when he kills off a character that people care about, it usually effects a character in a big way. The question is, how did it effect you?

The reason why I hate the comics :rolleyes:. You can never get truly attached to a character, because they can always die in the next issue or something. This is giving me second thoughts about Clem.

• Because its based off of a comic where people die. As simple as that.

Then also because a fan favorite dieing stirs drama online, and its a pain to keep both her and Doug's storylines parallel like that, so they killed them off. Simple as that.

• @RafaelBrasileiro said: To not spend time having to do 2 stories, one with Doug and the other with carley!
    is what i think.

agreed

• The same reason why they killed Katjaa and Duck.

Because it's The Walking Dead.

• @SonnyN18 said: TT took a memo from Kirkman. U know how when he kills off a character that people care about, it usually effects a character in a big way. The question is, how did it effect you?

Naw, that's not the reason. Otherwise they would only kill carley but let doug live. Doug was an OK guy, but clearly not as likable as Carley or the other likable characters (Clem, Mark..)

IMO the reason they killed both doug and carley is to not have to do double work for EP4 and EP5. So far they had to make dialogue and cutscenes etc for both characters depending on who you choose to save.
    Killing both of them was the cheapest way to save time+money.

• Pretty much the reason why everyone one is so annoyed is because that what ever you do in the choices doesn't matter I.e. if you save Carley instead of Doug she still dies, they did say that ep.4 is meant to have a pint where all you decisions will mater but we'll have to see

• Writing everything in bold means I am right

Add Comment