User Avatar Image

Episode 3, Things that don't add up.

posted by MichaCHOW on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Detective Mode:You go on a simple hunt for chalk and find medicine for people who aren't even sick. Bandits are supposed to pick up the meds in broad daylight? Episode 2 Carley/Doug spots Danny and Andy in an instant when they're freaking out over being infected.

Shooting:Then there's the gunfire, okay so you got two people shooting semi-auto guns at bandits and walkers. And there's apparently tons of bandits in the woods shooting way more guns, but the walkers want you instead? And when the walker goes after Kat and Duck, clearly it doesn't bite duck where they show him getting bit.

Roadside confrontation: In any real life situation I doubt people are going to go crazy and shoot someone over stolen medicine. "You have til' three", what happens at three? She didn't have a gun in her hand when she was about to start counting. And it seemed like Ben was about to admit he did it before Kenny hits a walker. About that, how do you hit a walker in the street like that? He clearly had headlights and was paying attention to the road. The random accusations in the RV as well, "I've had my suspicions", okay why?

Tanker Problem: Clearly the tanker was in the way, but when you cut it down, there's no way that the tanker magically moved out of the way, or wasn't damaged and leaked, with probable explosion.

I don't know, I paid attention to this episode after I was upset that nothing seemed to be going in any right direction for the characters/story. So I stared at it for every possible scenario that didn't make sense to me.

Honestly, people argue that "in a real life situation" and stuff like that, yeah well it's a game. It's a fantasy land.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • On the topic of the Duck zombie bite, I vaguely remember Lee looking away real fast when it fell, its possible Duck was bitten then, but unlikely.

• I remember that too. I was just like...but when you look back at Duck the walker's head is clearly 4-6 inches away from either of them. Specifically it's mouth.

• We don't really know the circumstances surrounding the bandit situation, everyone was a bit distraught at the time of it happening and so it was the perfect time for a raid to go so smoothly for them. About the zombies, well some of the bandits came into the motor inn, if the zombies came the others probably either died or ran away.

About the confrontation, that was never going to go smoothly, Lilly was losing it and she snapped, everyone was yelling, tension was high, things go badly in those kind of situations. Have you ever done something in a stupid rage that you regretted instantly after, or barely felt like you even had any control over doing. Most people would have.

The tanker problem is a bit hard to explain, I can't remember exactly how it fell, but it had the possibility of falling out of the way, or into a position in which the train could nudge it off the track.

Everything that happened is explainable, I didn't stop to question any of it really, didn't see the need to. Except the tanker problem a bit.

• For the argument on the road, consider one thing. Lilly LOVED the motel. Go to the dairy?

Lilly: We should just get our food to go, back to the motel.

In episode 3, she was still pissed off about the fact that they had to leave sometime. Lilly like the things she has. It doesn't seem like she wants to move on. Growing paranoid and angry at the possible traitor, Lilly shot Carley/Doug, hoping it would provide her some solace.

• Ben's a good kid, nobody touches him.

• Ben is tearing this community apart!!!11

• I did not hit Carley. She's lying. It's bullshit. I did not hit her, I did NAHT.

Oh, hey Mark.

• @MichaCHOW said: Detective Mode:You go on a simple hunt for chalk and find medicine for people who aren't even sick.

It's a ZA - if you wait until you're sick to get meds... you're doing something wrong.

• @MichaCHOW said: I remember that too. I was just like...but when you look back at Duck the walker's head is clearly 4-6 inches away from either of them. Specifically it's mouth.

You see a fallen zombie drop onto duck, later on when we see the bite, its just the indentation of the teeth, thats why I assume he lasted as long because had the walker been 'alive' it would have ripped a chunk out and probably sped up the infection

Add Comment