User Avatar Image

Refund!

posted by Lars80 on - last edited - Viewed by 539 users

I dont expect a refund on episode 1, 2 and 3. But who do i talk to about a refund for episode 4 and 5 that i paid for, but is not yet released?
I dont need the refund, but its the only way i can state that i think this game is crap.

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lars80 said: I will go play an FPS.
    But as of right now i want a refund for episode 4 and 5 which has not been delivered. 1, 2 and 3 episodes is more than enough for me.

I got your point. It looks like they known the game is crap so they rather got prepaid..

• @Motordead said: Than call Telltale support, send in a email, don't know what good will help you complaining on the forums.

So what is it you really wanted from a Telltale game?

I wanted what they promised me.
    A game where i make the decisions, and where my decisions make a difference. Neverwinter nights gave me more than the walking dead has. And that game is 10 years old.

• @Lars80 said: The gore details are messed up and wrong.
    As far as i know i didnt make a single decision that decided who got to live or die. As of 3rd episode the decisions me and my friend made, made no difference to our game. Outcome is the same.

You can think this game is awesome.
    To me it is a mediocre movie, where i get to decide the dialouge. Outcome is the same though.

I respect that you think this game is awesome. But this is not what i paid for.

Here's the thing though, you can't expect Telltale to write a unique story for each choice, the time and effort would be insane. They would just be releasing episode 2 by now. Now i'm positive that at the end of the season there will be multiple endings, all based on every decision you make in the game so far.

• @Lars80 said: The gore details are messed up and wrong.
    As far as i know i didnt make a single decision that decided who got to live or die. As of 3rd episode the decisions me and my friend made, made no difference to our game. Outcome is the same.

You can think this game is awesome.
    To me it is a mediocre movie, where i get to decide the dialouge. Outcome is the same though.

I respect that you think this game is awesome. But this is not what i paid for.

The choices you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next and the others as well. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit. Characters are boring and so is the story. TWD has great characters, a great story and is very addictive.

• You, guys, who defend TTG on choices side, don't play other modern adventure games, I believe?

• @Motordead said: Here's the thing though, you can't expect Telltale to write a unique story for each choice, the time and effort would be insane. They would just be releasing episode 2 by now. Now i'm positive that at the end of the season there will be multiple endings, all based on every decision you make in the game so far.

I let that fool me for 3 episodes now.
    At this point i dont feel like bothering with episode 4 and 5.

Look at this forum, since episode 3 you dont see many people discussing episode 4. Its all about how much episode 3 sucks.

Its good that you like the game. Keep on playing then.
    I dont need the money, i just dont want telltale to have it. They have not delivered and this is the only way for me to show i am not satisfied. Fear not, they wont notice or care.

• @Zargus said: The choices you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next and the others as well. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit. Characters are boring and so is the story. TWD has great characters, a great story and is very addictive.

What great characters does TWD have?
    As far as i can see its Clem and Lee. Clem is a kid.
    Kenny.... Well, hes not much of a character anymore.
    Ben. Who the hell is Ben?
    And those 3 new people. Sorry.... Im done.
    Matter of fact, Lee died in my game, alongside many of the other group members. You know how bad that ZA is when 4 group members died in such a short time and the 5th left.
    Kenny and Ben are now raising Clem.

• @Maugly said: You, guys, who defend TTG on choices side, don't play other modern adventure games, I believe?

Actually I do play a lot of modern adventure games as well as a lot of others too.

@Maugly said: What great characters does TWD have?
    As far as i can see its Clem and Lee. Clem is a kid.
    Kenny.... Well, hes not much of a character anymore.
    Ben. Who the hell is Ben?
    And those 3 new people. Sorry.... Im done.
    Matter of fact, Lee died in my game, alongside many of the other group members. You know how bad that ZA is when 4 group members died in such a short time and the 5th left.
    Kenny and Ben are now raising Clem.

Lee, Clem, Carley (Even though she is dead) Kenny. And did you expect that new people would not join Lee's group? If so then you really have no idea what the Walking Dead is about.

• @Zargus said: The choices you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next and the others as well. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit. Characters are boring and so is the story. TWD has great characters, a great story and is very addictive.

I thought the game was promising for 3 episodes. And that is why i dont want a refund for those. But i lost interest.

• @Zargus said: The choises you make in one episode come back to haunt you in the next. Plus TWD is better then any FPS I have ever played. FPS are just all the same...run, shoot, kill someone, reach a point, rinse, lather, repeat, ??? *shrugs*, profit.

Exactly, and those games sell for $60 a pop. If you're worried about a $25 game and want $10 back for the last 2 episodes your crazy. If you enjoyed the story, its worth it. Each episode playing the first time through is like a movie. This movie costs $5 not $8 - $15 for a movie ticket. You can pick and choose the options that will later determine what will happen to you.

If this game has given you at least a little bit of enjoyment the first time through playing it, it's worth the money you've spent. You should have bought the episodes separately, so don't blame Telltale for you buying a package deal.

Add Comment