User Avatar Image

Refund!

posted by Lars80 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I dont expect a refund on episode 1, 2 and 3. But who do i talk to about a refund for episode 4 and 5 that i paid for, but is not yet released?
I dont need the refund, but its the only way i can state that i think this game is crap.

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lars80 said: Each episode is a DVD.
    Since when did you go see a film that wasnt finished yet. And you had to wait at the movies for the director to finish his work....

No, the word "episode" by definition is part of a series creating a whole. At the end of all this, when Telltale creates a game disc, I promise you it will be one disc. Would you return 2/5ths of a game disc for refund?

• @DreadMagus said: Who did you buy it from again? Steam, PSN?

If either of those is the case, your issue is with them, not Telltale.

Makes me glad I play on a 360 - I can buy them one at a time...

Eh, to be fair, the PS3 version can be bought episode-by-episode as well.

• If you can give five reasons why you want a refund I'll say your right about the game oh and you can't say about the people dying

• @Lars80 said: Each episode is a DVD.
    Since when did you go see a film that wasnt finished yet. And you had to wait at the movies for the director to finish his work....

The Walking Dead Season 1 is a whole. The episodes are part of a whole. You bought SEASON 1 = You bought it as a WHOLE. Took a chance when you bought season 1. If you don't like it, fine don't like it but don't argue for a refund when you should have weighed the possibility of disliking it when making the purchase.

Your argument is what's invalid.

• The game isn't crap... and you won't get a refund. If you are disappointed express it by simply not buying any more of their products in the future.

• @Maugly said: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interactive

interactive: (of a computer program or system) interacting with a human user, often in a conversational way, to obtain data or commands and to give immediate results or updated information.

Well... When we chose to save Carley over Doug the "computer" obtained that data and gave us Carly for episode 2 and 3 instead of Doug. We were able to interact with Carly for those two episodes instead of Doug, like we chose to do.

So, wouldn't that be the "immediate results" that we are supposed to get when we "interact"?

I'm not familiar with this type of game but I'm loving it and wish there were more like it. So, maybe I'm not seeing the argument that others are seeing but to me I'm "interacting" a lot in the game.

• @Xirsche said: Eh, to be fair, the PS3 version can be bought episode-by-episode as well.

Didn't realize that.

• Yeah, it's apparently only the PC version that requires full purchase instead of individual. Can't wait for Episode 4, the tension is so..well, tense!

• You essentially paid for a subscription. This is no different than many of the VIP/Season Pass subscriptions that games like Call of Duty, Uncharted, etc have. If I paid $49.99 for CoD Elite and I do not like some of the content drops, I do not get a refund or partial refund. You paid for the full Season of the Walking Dead.

As for your comment of "Telltale didn't deliver what they promised", how the hell do you know that? There are still two episodes left and many of the decisions you have made thus far could very well effect the outcome of the game.

Regardless, you purchased a product that you knew damn well would be released episodically. Whether you enjoy the product is irrelevant.

• haha life is a bitch!Read the fine print.This game is awsome.If this game makes you feel unpleasant then later in life you will struggle.Wait until you reach the age of 40`s then you will really bitch.Just like the bumper sticker says.:)

Add Comment