Menu
User Avatar Image

How an Honest Ad for TWD Would Read

posted by JackSchirmer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

An honest ad for The Walking Dead game would read:

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!) an interesting story, and limited choices the effects of which are confined within each episode don't work in the pc version, and primarily have to do with how people talk to you. No matter what you do, every episode begins and ends the same way. Just so you know."

Anyone else?

113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zombies are Awesome! said: Wow thats awesome!

here is what they said

"I have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised by the end :D

I would say, as someone who knows what's coming, to wait until the end of the series to complain about whether or not your choices had any meaning. If you still don't think they did, we'd love to hear why, and suggestions for improvement. But just like the zombie apocalypse, bad things will always happen, despite your best efforts."

Once you find out wrestling is fake you can never go back to believing it's real.

As for the "wait until the end of the series to complain about whether or not your choices had any meaning," I'd expect a conman to say the same thing when swindling someone out of money too, because if you didn't you'd have no one left to swindle before you left town.

• @Maugly said: People always complain, that's their nature.

Stop complaining about people complaining about the game.

I love the people whining about people making reasonable criticisms of the game. It's as if the fact that someone wrote out their objections somehow lessened your fragile enjoyment of the game. It's also hilarious, how criticisms of the game are rarely met with reasoned rebuttal, and instead generate so many ad hominem attacks.

• @JackSchirmer said: Stop complaining about people complaining about the game.

I love the people whining about people making reasonable criticisms of the game. It's as if the fact that someone wrote out their objections somehow lessened your fragile enjoyment of the game. It's also hilarious, how criticisms of the game are rarely met with reasoned rebuttal, and instead generate so many ad hominem attacks.

Ahhhh, sorry, don't take this as a flood please, but I can't help but to write this:
    Stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining about the game!

Edit: I promise I won't flood ever ever again!

• Can we start a Bitch & Moan subforum?

• I've said this before in another thread: How is everyone's reading comprehension so low? Telltale's ads for this game are 100% legitimate. You choose to read every ad they put out as "we're making a different game for every player who buys it!" This was never suggested. Terms like "meaningful" and "profound" imply that they'll mean something to you, not to the narrative, and never was it suggested otherwise. Arguing that there are no "lasting" decisions 3/5ths of the way through the game is willful ignorance.

None of these criticisms are legitimate. Everybody is taking every word to mean whatever they wish to believe it meant. If you're upset it's because you got buried too deep in the hype and built a game that didn't exist inside your own mind, and are angry as you realize that the real deal doesn't live up to your imagination. Seriously, nobody ever suggested branching narratives, in interviews or ads. Take it easy.

• @EternallyBored said: I would say, as someone who knows what's coming, to wait until the end of the series to complain about whether or not your choices had any meaning. If you still don't think they did, we'd love to hear why, and suggestions for improvement. But just like the zombie apocalypse, bad things will always happen, despite your best efforts."

Once you find out wrestling is fake you can never go back to believing it's real.

As for the "wait until the end of the series to complain about whether or not your choices had any meaning," I'd expect a conman to say the same thing when swindling someone out of money too, because if you didn't you'd have no one left to swindle before you left town.

And yet has the full game been released yet? No we are only half way through it. How about we wait until Episode 5 has come out and everyone has played it then we can discuss if everyone's choices have or have not had any type of effect on the story at all instead of jumping the damn gun and going "We basically get the same ending no matter what. Even though we are only half way through the game." The game is not finished till Episode 5 has finished.

@EternallyBored said: Ahhhh, sorry, don't take this as a flood please, but I can't help but to write this:
    Stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining about the game!

Edit: I promise I won't flood ever ever again!

Tbh I think it was needed.........and it was damn well funny :p

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: Wow thats awesome!

here is what they said

i have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised by the end :D

Or slitting our wrist.

• @deadfan said: Or slitting our wrist.

:confused: Why do you say that?

• @JackSchirmer said:
    Anyone else?

I got one for you; "Play the game and experience the depths of Human Suffering, visit the forums and experience the depths of Human Entitlement."

• You can't judge the game until its done :p

Add Comment