User Avatar Image

From TT Twitter: play-testing an upcoming release on 9/9. Of what?

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 350 users

From TT Twitter: Anyone in the Bay Area want to play-test an an upcoming release on 9/9?

I assume it's the next episode of TWD, right?
RIGHT?!?!?!!
Why to say "an upcoming release" instead of "Episode 4"?
Am I reading too much into it or there's something new approaching...?
:rolleyes:

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bloody Eugene said: From TT Twitter: Anyone in the Bay Area want to play-test an an upcoming release on 9/9?

RIGHT?!?!?!!

Well, we've heard ZERO things about Fables, and even less about King's Quest, but at this point, I'm pretty sure they're just talking about TWD Episode 4.

• Well, in this brand new interview at PAX seems almost official that Fable will be the next TT project coming out (see at 5:40):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUEoxQZSRY

:D

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Bloody Eugene said: Well, in this brand new interview at PAX seems almost official that Fable will be the next TT project coming out (see at 5:40):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUEoxQZSRY

:D

Interesting. If they keep up the 2 month release window, it does seem a little early for playtesting The Walking Dead episode 4, so it could be Fables episode 1. Although they might have gotten the hang of all of the extra stuff needed for TWD, so it's still possible it's only TWD Ep 4.

I really hope that it is Fables, since I've been waiting for that one, and if they release it this month, they'll still meet their Q3 2012 release window. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Bloody Eugene said: From TT Twitter: Anyone in the Bay Area want to play-test an an upcoming release on 9/9?

RIGHT?!?!?!!

All right, I'm intrigued. Even if they were working their butts off on ep4 during the time their business partners were meant to validate the former episode, next Sunday sounds wayyyyy too early for playtesting.

Then again, where did the human resources come from to finish this whatever-it-is? Every Telltale hand is on episode 4 right now, I'm rather sure of it.

I'm staying tuned. :eek:

It's ToMI2 Episode 1: Launch of the Screaming Game Developer.

• Almost makes me wish I was still in the Bay Area. I'd be so on this.

• I WANT to say that this is episode 4. When episode 3 was being certified, the first draft of episode 4 was sent to reviewers. I think that this might be early to play-test scenes of episode 4. Probably another TT game.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Wasting playtesters for anything but a real beta, I can't believe that.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

If Fables is THAT far into development, it could start releasing even during TWD. They tried that before - with Jurassic Park - but failed. It would be a bit dangerous doing this before proving that they can handle the single ongoing release and patch it as well.

The TWD crowd would be furious about any indication that they might direct their energies toward anything BUT TWD right now.

My best guess is that - if it is indeed not episode four - it's something way smaller than Fables (comparable in size and effort maybe to Puzzle Agent or Law & Order).

Add Comment