Menu
User Avatar Image

Why everyone so attached to Clementine?

posted by Maugly on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.
Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doesn't play a role in your moral decisions? i would wait till Episode 4 to say that :D

• To me, she doesn't. I make my decisions based on my own personal moral, I do not really think how it could affect Clementine and stuff.

• @Maugly said: To me, she doesn't. I make my decisions based on my own personal moral, I do not really think how it could affect Clementine and stuff.

yea according to your own morals. So she is learning the way you deal with things.

• She's so adorable :D
    Makes me laugh in each of the epsiodes.
    My favorite characther.

• As Clem would say....

"I don't know."

• She brightens up my Lees day and she is a little girl, do my Lee has a urge to protect her.

• @Maugly said: I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.

She's not just another child; she's been the moral compass of the whole story. I could even say that, in that [literally] decaying world, she's the only irrefutable evidence that true goodness is still present.
    Besides, she's really sweet, and she's so "d'awwww" all the time. I hope her parents aren't dead, because they've done a helluva job.

• Because after Carley died everyone realized there is literally nobody really likable left besides Clem *and Kennys still a nice guy if you were nice to him 100% of the time so hes still my bro!*

• I'd argue that if you aren't attached to Clem as a character it's because you're either playing The Walking Dead as a video game (I'm going to win the apocalypse!), you're too young to feel any kind of attachment to a kid, or for just whatever reason her character design is too uncanny valley for your mind to pick her up as an actual kid. She looks up to you, relies on you, and you owe her your life. It's a weird, cool relationship.

• @Maugly said: I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.

I think someone is playing Devil's advocate, but yes, I do agree with you.
    She's not even my child, I've known her for about 4 mos now all of a sudden I'm her guardian?

This discussion has been closed.