User Avatar Image

25th Anniversary offer

posted by Night_85 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Already 25?? I will never forget "S&M Hit to the road", my first computer game!! Can't remember how many floppy... Think 10 or 12... :)

I have a question. In the offers list I saw a special bundle for PS3 SCEA users but no bundle for SCEE... Am I right? Is there a reason? :confused:

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

There doesn't even seem to be an offer for the Telltale store. Just one tiny contest, twitter based even. No new Season, no new merchandise, no new videos or interviews, no new Steve Purcell art. Not exactly a "big celebration".

I'm pretty disappointed. :(

And the way those TWD spammers hijack the blog post... breaks my heart.

• @Vainamoinen said: There doesn't even seem to be an offer for the Telltale store. Just one tiny contest, twitter based even. No new Season, no new merchandise, no new videos or interviews, no new Steve Purcell art. Not exactly a "big celebration".

I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Agree, a bit disappointing... I mean, 25 years!! Doesn't look like a big celebration to TTG, but S&M loyal fans deserve something more than a little discount. And the lack of a bundle for EU PS3 users disappoint me more...

What about a "S&M Hit the road" reboot, maybe HD and with voices... (Can you imagine Conroy Bumpus HD wig??) :eek: Just dreaming... :p

• How about a Wii U release of Season 3 celebrating 25 years? I've yet to play Season 3 since I'm not all that into PC gaming anymore. I played season 1&2 on Wii despite the horrible lag and loved them both.

• @Vainamoinen said: And the way those TWD spammers hijack the blog post... breaks my heart.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. While The Walking Dead has been amazing, the fact that it's brought in so many people who neither understand nor care about Telltale (and, to a greater extent, point-and-clicks as a whole) is really souring up the community.

Speaking of point-and-clicks, I should probably get back to playing The Longest Journey. Eventually. So far it hasn't been quite what I was told it was.

• @Vainamoinen said:

You mean that I am a spanner?? If so I think It's a bit offensive.
    Only because I just registered to the forum does't mean I'm a spammer.
    I'm 27 yo, gaming since S&M hit the road was out.

Only Cause my first 4 or 5 posts were on the TWD board doesn't mean I'm spamming. Now that I have an account I'm using it, never offended nobody, just trying to integrate.

If I misunderstood your words I'm sorry Vain, I'm not a troll, but a forum newbie.

• You misunderstand. He's talking about the Telltale blog, not your post here. For example, in the latest post, it talks all about the 25th anniversary of Sam & Max, but the comments are full of people complaining that The Walking Dead isn't coming out as fast as they like, instead of celebrating Sam & Max. That's what "hijack" means, because the blog post isn't about that.

• @WarpSpeed said: You misunderstand. He's talking about the Telltale blog, not your post here. For example, in the latest post, it talks all about the 25th anniversary of Sam & Max, but the comments are full of people complaining that The Walking Dead isn't coming out as fast as they like, instead of celebrating Sam & Max. That's what "hijack" means, because the blog post isn't about that.

Oh, ok, I'm sorry, didn't saw it that way. I can see your point, many people think forums are a complaining point. Most of them probably don't even know who S&M are.

Sorry if I misunderstood... :p

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I grabbed Season Two for XBLA. I now wish I had waited to get Season One. I grabbed it for $20 a few weeks ago. I guess $30 for both seasons isn't that bad though.

• Why hasn't anybody told me Sam and Max were 25?!

• You must not be hanging out in the right circles. ;)

Add Comment