User Avatar Image

25th Anniversary offer

posted by Night_85 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Already 25?? I will never forget "S&M Hit to the road", my first computer game!! Can't remember how many floppy... Think 10 or 12... :)

I have a question. In the offers list I saw a special bundle for PS3 SCEA users but no bundle for SCEE... Am I right? Is there a reason? :confused:

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@tehepicdude said: Woah im have not played season 2 yet i got season 1 season 2 and im gonna buy season 3 soon... i cant wait to see who or what T.H.E.M is....:)

The answer is definitely crazy. :D But funny. You'll enjoy season two. I just got done re-playing it on my Xbox 360 during my re-play of all of Telltale's games.

Season Two is my personal favorite gameplay wise. Season Three is my personal favorite story wise though. :)

• Couldn't they re-release sam and max hit the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary
    Most people who like sam ad max have probably played all 3 seasons and would like to play or replay the original game

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Hudomonkey said: Couldn't they re-release sam and max hit the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary
    Most people who like sam ad max have probably played all 3 seasons and would like to play or replay the original game

LucasArts is the one who has the rights to Sam & Max Hit the Road, and it's very unlikely that they'll do anything with the interim management they have right now (their president resigned and they have two people handling the duties until a new president can be found). Even then, most of their presidents aren't open to re-releasing their adventures, although it happened once with their president in 2009 (who was only president from 2008-2010), so it's unlikely but possible (I doubt it will make it in time for Sam & Max's 25th anniversary regardless).

• I agree they should have pushed with SCEE more, announced when the planned porting of Season 1 to Mac will be and mention the possibility of Season 4 when all their other franchises dry up in a couple of years. Failing all that, like someone said, concept art from Steve Purcell, or a special edition comic strip breaking the 4th wall. I'm surprised Steve hasn't tried doing something for his own IP. Shame on him. If he foresaw he'd be busy right now, he should have done something ages ago and submitted it to TT early. Am I being too callous and upstart?

• @Haggis_McMutton said: hi there.
    I read on the blogs that sam & max games are in promotion on steam from september 13th to sept. 16th... but when I log in on steam and search for that offer, it isn't there. By the way, I live in Italy... so, is the promotion valid for USA only or do I just have to wait?

I'm italian too. On TTG blog they say the bundle is US only, but the single season should be discounted.... But it's not. On the PSN EU both seasons are still full price......... :confused:

I love S&M, but 20 € each season is too much for a re-play... :eek:

• @Jennifer said: The answer is definitely crazy. :D But funny. You'll enjoy season two. I just got done re-playing it on my Xbox 360 during my re-play of all of Telltale's games.

Season Two is my personal favorite gameplay wise. Season Three is my personal favorite story wise though. :)

Just got done with the tomb of summa-mak And started THEY STOLE MAXS BRAIN! My fav episode so far is whats new beesabub and the penal zone was fun and the tomb of summa-mak was great good ol jonney ho-tep:)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I spotted Steve roaming the forums yesterday... he didn't post since 2010 though. ;)

There should really be SOME negotiations for Season 4... or at least one surprise episode before Fables. I'm still suggesting Fizzball Night at the Inventory.

• there should be an anniversary release of hit the road!

• @Vainamoinen said: Fizzball Night at the Inventory.

Yes.

• I own them all on every possible device (except mac, but that's a technicality :P) and while I enjoyed TWD very, very much, I'd much rather see a sequel to the 2010 Sam & Max than a sequel to a 2012 TWD.

Add Comment