User Avatar Image

The cause of the zombie apocalypse?

posted by Zombies are Awesome! on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused it? I know Kirkman has said he won't reveal it but when can still guess right? :)

i think its something religious, only because they mention religion many times in the comics and TV show

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Someone ripped a tag off a mattress.

• Maybe it's a food additive.

Or maybe it's in a soft drink?

Like diet coke.

oh, wait, I'm drinking... aww crap.

• One day a boy found a rock. The rock was near a river. He being a boy put two and two together and tried to skip the rock, it just sank. Then a bear attacked him and he died.

The bear went on to go fishing in the river for pink little salmon who were trying to mate and make more salmon babies. when he went in for the fish he accidently swallowed the rock the boy had tried to skip earlier.

A fishermen had then come across the body of the boy and the bear and thought they had engaged in an epic battle. He went into town to tell everyone but they thought he was crazy. The fisherman then went back to the scene to get proof but the body was missing!

Confused the fisherman looked around the area until dark, Thinking he imagined it all he swore off getting drunk off his ass forever.

The local liquor store that made all of its profit from the fisherman soon went broke.
    The desperate store owner now had to think of a way to keep his store afloat.
    He had the most amazing idea of selling bottled water! He soon became a millionaire

Do you understand how the Zombie Apocalypse happen now?

• I think it's supernatural too. There are too many references to the biblical apocalypse by characters and Kirkman's refusal to give it a scientific answer really make me think it's the apocalypse without god. Sort of "this is the end of humanity, the dead will roam until everyone's dead".

• I don't think it's anything mysterious or supernatural at all. It's just a plague - a natural thing. It's our extinction event. It's our giant meteor. It's our Ice Age.

• i think it is a manufactured airborne virus that was released into the atmosphere, with unintentional/intentional affects.

but who knows, maybe Lee is Jesus.

• @Master of Aeons said: I think it's supernatural too. There are too many references to the biblical apocalypse by characters and Kirkman's refusal to give it a scientific answer really make me think it's the apocalypse without god. Sort of "this is the end of humanity, the dead will roam until everyone's dead".

this^ exactly!

• i just think the only reason he doesn't say the origin is because it will make people want a "cure" whatever that may be, and make people point out how stupid the scenario is, and being an apocalypse brought down by god would be the biggest anticlimax EVER! unless they meet up with Sam & Dean Winchester kick some ass and save the world

• @Master of Aeons said: There are too many references to the biblical apocalypse by characters and Kirkman's refusal to give it a scientific answer really make me think it's the apocalypse...

Any catastrophic global destruction can be labelled an apocalypse and every nationality has its religious equivalent. Whether that is the cause or not, there will always be those who believe.

Add Comment