User Avatar Image

How can there be a "canon" Lilly?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 806 users

i think there are so many details that can change regarding Lilly that it would be impossible to say any of those details were canon, unless the comic would just use one set of choices from the game and say that was canon.

With that in mind they couldn't have made lilly not have canon protection in the game and have choices that lead to her death and then just say that obviously that isn't TWD comic canon.

what do you guys think about the "canon" aspect of the game, and is there a "canon" story to the game?

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really could care less if the story is more canon or not. I just hope our Lilly is presented in a similar way that relates to the main character in The Road to Woodbury.

• @Zeruis said: I really could care less if the story is more canon or not. I just hope our Lilly is presented in a similar way that relates to the main character in The Road to Woodbury.

but in The Road to Woodbury is she going to be abandoned by the side of the road or steal an RV stranding her group in the middle of nowhere, was she joined by Carley or Doug for months and who did she kill and how, all these things make for a different lilly canon

• @thestalkinghead said: but in The Road to Woodbury is she going to be abandoned by the side of the road or steal an RV stranding her group in the middle of nowhere, was she joined by Carley or Doug for months and ho did she kill and how, all these things make fr a different lilly canon

Ack, forgot about that part. I'm not sure. But remember at Hershel's farm when you're forced to save Shaun or Duck? The comic treats you saving Duck as "canon". I think that only one choice you made with Lilly will become canon.

• @thestalkinghead said: but in The Road to Woodbury is she going to be abandoned by the side of the road or steal an RV stranding her group in the middle of nowhere, was she joined by Carley or Doug for months and who did she kill and how, all these things make for a different lilly canon

Couldn't that story start after the events in the game take place? We may not even hear about the events that we saw in the game. And if we do, it will most likely be Lilly telling the story and she can easily make things up to make herself or her dads stories sound better.

• @jaybreezy said: Couldn't that story start after the events in the game take place? We may not even hear about the events that we saw in the game. And if we do, it will most likely be Lilly telling the story and she can easily make things up to make herself or her dads stories sound better.

i would imagine it does start after the game, but being left on the side of the road or stranding group of survivors herself would have a different psychological effect, also accidentally killing doug or shooting carley in the face because of an argument would as well

• Well Kenny did say she has about 30 miles before the van becomes useless, so its not difficult to assume she will be walking alongside the road regardless.

• @Gman5852 said: Well Kenny did say she has about 30 miles before the van becomes useless, so its not difficult to assume she will be walking alongside the road regardless.

but don't you think there is a big difference between a car breaking down and being abandoned by the side of the road

• I haven't read The Road to Woodbury, but I did read the comics and only briefly met her. But, As Glenn is in our game, we know that all of this happened before he met up with Rick. So the same could be true with Lilly.

• @CQ76 said: I haven't read The Road to Woodbury, but I did read the comics and only briefly met her. But, As Glenn is in our game, we know that all of this happened before he met up with Rick. So the same could be true with Lilly.

glenn wasn't really involved in anything that changes in the game, the only difference to him is knowing either doug or carly were saved and seeing someone steal a gun and kill herself or being given a gun and killing herself.

a bit different to lilly in my opinion.

• @Zeruis said: Ack, forgot about that part. I'm not sure. But remember at Hershel's farm when you're forced to save Shaun or Duck? The comic treats you saving Duck as "canon". I think that only one choice you made with Lilly will become canon.

Actually, Shawn dies regardless of if you help him or not. If you help him you get a few more "steps" into saving him but he still dies. Most decisions in the game work this way. (For instance, you try to save Larry or kill him and the result is the same.)

Overall, the comic doesn't have to treat anything from the game as cannon because the game has different decisions that lead to the same conclusion. Lilly leaves no matter what, so if the Road to Woodbury were to start with her walking along the side of the road you could either say the RV ran out of gas or you abandoned her. Wouldn't make much of a difference.

Add Comment