User Avatar Image

IndieGameStand

posted by flesk on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

IndieGameStand is a new site for promoting indie games through 96 hour pay-what-you-want sales whenever a new game is released on the site. Many games will come with Steam and Desura keys according to the site. If you register before the launch September 26th you'll get the platformer Chester for free.

I think the concept looks pretty interesting, but then indie titles are pretty much the only games I play when it comes to modern games, besides my guilty pleasure Diablo 3.

150 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Close. November 2011 according to the Indie Game Bundle Wiki.

• Latest Deal is...

gc_1374864162_407.jpg

[Quote]Survivor Squad is a Strategy Action game where you control a Squad of up to four survivors and guide them through a highly randomized world looking for supplies to aid you on your journey.[/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.67) to get a bonus game, Thank You!

• Apparently the bonus game is only a prototype mini-game. Probably doesn't do much to raise the average, but it's not exactly the worst bonus yet either.

• Latest Deal is...

gc_1360534848_407.png
    [Quote]This game is not about fireworks on the screen every time you click your mouse. It's about unique puzzles and strategy mechanics that you won't see anywhere else. DROD RPG combines the puzzling elements of DROD with the RPG fare of player stats, one-on-one monster duels, items, custom power-ups and treasure. This is not your typical RPG, and it's not a roguelike. It's a resource management game with RPG trappings.[/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.91) to get a bonus game (DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder), the Deadly Music of Death OST (Volumes 1 & 2) and the DROD RPG OST (with Exclusive Bonus Tracks).

• The bonus game comes with a Desura key. It's not mentioned anywhere that I can tell, but I noticed it after buying the game and checking my game wallet. And by the way, these games were also in the Indie Gala Summer Dream bundle.

• Latest Deal is...

gc_1374156687_407.jpg
    Land Air Sea Warfare

[Quote]Command a force of thousands of units into strategic warfare in this new real time strategy game. Fortify your base with turrets, surface to air missile launchers, torpedo launchers, and long range cannons. Next create factories to pump out enormous legions of vehicles, aircraft, and ships to wage war with, you decide what to build! Form groups and transport units to prepare for an assault on the enemy. Finally execute your strategic battle plan and enjoy the immense carnage that ensues. Discover and mine unique resources to build gigantic mega units which can turn the tides of war instantly![/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.52) to get some wallpapers. Woo.

• Latest Deal is...

gc_1374859234_407.png

[Quote]You love RPGs but you don’t care about dialogues and scenarios? QuestRun is for you! Run through various dungeons in this tactical fast-paced game, try to go as far as you can with your heroes, die in agony and try again! Try new strategies, new heroes, choose new perils, and die anyway! Discuss your unfair death with your friends or complain on a forum! That's what we aim for![/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.76) to get the OST and the developer's previous game, a SHMUP called Skies.

Bear in mind QuestRun is an Alpha, but like all alphas, you'll get updates.

• Latest Deal is...

gc_1376926372_407.jpg

[Quote]Pandora: Purge of Pride is a first person puzzle game in which you play as Pandora, a Victorian woman who must recapture the Seven Deadly Sins after they have been unleashed on her mansion.[/Quote]

Beat the average (currently $1.69) to get the OST.

I'm not normally a fan of FPAs, but what the hell, it's only a quid.

• Looks interesting. I'm not FPAs either, but I'll give the demo on Desura a try. There was actually a Kickstarter for this game. They made it well past their $5000 goal, despite having a really shitty pitch video.

On another note, it's nice to see so many previous deals among the 100 games that got greenlit on Steam today. I recognize Bridge It, Constant C (was it a deal or was there just a lot of discussion on their forums?), Escape Goat, The Cat Lady... Maybe not so many after all. Knytt Underground would have been perfect, but I don't think it made it through the suggestion phase.

• gc_1375896217_407.png

(Windows/Mac/Linux) (DRM-free/Desura (if you pay at least $1))

Beat the average for Elliot Quest OST in mp3 format.

[quote]Explore Urule Island in the search for treasures and artifacts, earn money and experience by defeating enemies in this mini epic adventure.[/quote]

From the Steam Greenlight page:

[quote]Elliot Quest is an adventure / exploration Zelda style game. Defeat all 4 Elements Guardians and acquire their powers. Explore Urule Island in search for treasures and artifacts, earn money and experience by defeating enemies.[/quote]

There's also a demo available.

Having watched the gameplay videos I think this one looks pretty cool. I'm going to check out the demo.

Add Comment