User Avatar Image

Was charged 3 times for purchasing a game I did not purchase.

posted by Cadis Estrama D Raizel on - last edited - Viewed by 177 users

'issue-63510'

Hi, I was considering purchasing a game- The Walking Dead. I was unable to complete the process for actually purchasing the game due to the fact that my address was not applicable for acceptance, for reasons unknown. I tried this 2 more times to be absolutely positive that I didn't make a mistake somewhere in the process. Realizing that I didn't make a mistake and that my apartments address is to obscure for use I gave up. This week I went to check my bank account and found out that I was charged for purchasing the game. Not once, but three times. I'm assuming that me trying the purchase process two more times caused this. I sent in an email to the Telltale games company- of which I used two seeing as the first one I sent to may have been the wrong one. The emails I sent a letter to were: support@telltalegames.com and info@telltalegames.com. I was planning to call the company but found that your hotlines are solely for job inquiries. I received the automated letter that informs you that your letter is in the process of being looked upon. To cut to the chase here I want to get my money back but I have yet to be contacted by the company. It's been two days, about to be the third, and I'm slowly losing patience seeing as the total money that was charged was $74.97. Should I send another email or should I wait it out in hopes of getting a reply back?

1 Comment - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Hi,

Your card will not be charged as your order was not completed. What you're seeing is a Pending Authorization Hold. With this type of hold the funds are generally put back into your account in the next 2-3 business days. If you're not familiar with Pending Authorization Holds, you can contact your bank and they should be able to provide you with more detailed information.

Add Comment