User Avatar Image

Voice Actors

posted by mish on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

What voice actors have there been in the series and have you ever considered using Bill Farmer as Sam and Nick Jameson as Max?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think we're quite happy with David Nowlin as Sam and William Kasten as Max right now :)

• @tabacco said: I think we're quite happy with David Nowlin as Sam and William Kasten as Max right now :)

You MUST be happy with them, I think they did a great job!

• I'm quite happy with them too! :D

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

After playing through Season One, I went back and played a bit of HTR and now those original voices sound really off! It was actually kinda weird. I had always thought those original voices were perfect, and although the new guys were good, it just wasn't the same. But now it seems my mind has played a switch-a-roo on me! I guess having played though six episodes, watching all the shorts, and listening to the blooper reel (And I guess there are all those hours of listening to the lines while working on the games) those voices are now burned into my head and the HTR voices just sound wrong. Any one else have this experience?

• Since I'd never played Hit the Road before, when I first played it I thought Sam's voice was really good, but I don't really prefer either - they're both great.

• I think the ones who do Sam and Max currently are great, but I agree with you on those two. What happened to the Brooklyn accents? I always feel like something is slightly missing without the accents. I mean...Sam and Max are from New York.

• @MarkDarin said: After playing through Season One, I went back and played a bit of HTR and now those original voices sound really off! It was actually kinda weird. I had always thought those original voices were perfect, and although the new guys were good, it just wasn't the same. But now it seems my mind has played a switch-a-roo on me! I guess having played though six episodes, watching all the shorts, and listening to the blooper reel (And I guess there are all those hours of listening to the lines while working on the games) those voices are now burned into my head and the HTR voices just sound wrong. Any one else have this experience?

I totally agree...although there is still a bit of charm in the brooklyn accents...but I think the current voice actors are great and should stay! What Im really impressed with is how close they actually are though...I mean, aside from the accents the voices are pretty close...

• @mish said: What voice actors have there been in the series

Sam & Max Hit the Road
    Bill Farmer (Sam)
    Nick Jameson (Max)

The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (TV Series)
    Harvey Atkin (Sam)
    Robert Tinkler (Max)

Sam & Max: Season One
    David Nowlin (Sam)
    Andrew Chaikin (Max in Episode 1)
    William Kasten (Max in all subsequent episodes)

Just because I was bored :rolleyes:
    None of them sound "wrong" to me.

Edit: Wait, how did this get bumped up? It was on the top of the page before I posted, I swear... :eek:

• I dunno, but the "Where are we going, Sam?" that William Kasten says just sounds really.... "off" to me.

I think it's because it's the most noticably different from episode 1.

This discussion has been closed.