User Avatar Image

if Carley was a nerd and Doug was a crack shot

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 632 users

if Carley was a nerd and Doug was a crack shot and had a gun, would you have saved different people in your first game?

Edit:
i was thinking about a sort of personality swap but more as a background to the reason why they have the skills they have, they would still have the same family and history but have swapped careerer paths

Doug would know your secret he is the reporter and he saves you with his gun, Carley would programme the remote etc.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, of course. I only chose Carley because she had a gun. I'm pretty sure I'd do the same for Doug, too.

• @thestalkinghead said: if Carley was a nerd and Doug was a crack shot and had a gun, would you have saved different people in your first game?

I don't know. That's a good question. I honestly saved Carley b/c I liked her better. It had nothing to do with utility.

If their personality switched too then maybe.

• Nope. It still would have been Carley. My decision has always been based on the 'women & children first' rule.

• her personality would be the same?, and who would know our secret? Carley or Doug?and who saves us from Zombies?

• I don't really see this question as very valid. Why I saved Carley had little to do with her being a crack shot. The reasons why I attached to Carley was because she was the one who ran out to save my group when we first came to Macon, she saved me from the walker in the bathroom, she established herself as trustworthy early on with Lee's secret, she showed empathy towards Clementine along with the group and she was with me every step of saving Irene even though it was not her choice.

I think you need to rephrase the question/answers or add a couple other options. The current options are just making an assumption that is counter productive.

• @Red Panda said: I don't know. That's a good question. I honestly saved Carley b/c I liked her better. It had nothing to do with utility.

If their personality switched too then maybe.

i was thinking about a sort of personality swap but more as a background to the reason why they have the skills they have, they would still have the same family and history but have swapped careerer paths

@Red Panda said: her personality would be the same?, and who would know our secret? Carley or Doug?

Doug would know your secret he is the reporter

@zgamer i have made the question a bit more clear i hope

• @zgamer said: I don't really see this question as very valid. Why I saved Carley had little to do with her being a crack shot. The reasons why I attached to Carley was because she was the one who ran out to save my group when we first came to Macon, she saved me from the walker in the bathroom, she established herself as trustworthy early on with Lee's secret, she showed empathy towards Clementine along with the group and she was with me every step of saving Irene even though it was not her choice.

Amen.
    I'd still save Carley. <3

• I voted before I read the first post, if Doug knew my secret I probably would have saved him. Change my no to a yes.

• I loved Carley because of her personality, but IF was Doug who saved me at first, trust me and has her personality, he was my brother and I would save him.

• Honestly, at the time of choosing in Episode 1, I solely picked Carley because she could shoot.

I wasn't interested in a romance with her or her personality (she actually seemed a bit of a bitch confronting me in the back office) I simply picked her because she'd be more of an asset.

If it was Doug with the gun, he would definitely have been brought along for the ride instead.

Add Comment