User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 13.4K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

@Vainamoinen said:
    Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

But if I give it a 10, it's legit.

• User Avatar Image
    BeckyGamin Telltale Staff

@NickTTG said: But if I give it a 10, it's legit.

angels.gif

• This is a FULL review of the entire episode, which I just finished. So MAJOR spoilers!

So when the group arrives in Savannah, they are swarmed by walkers. Ben ends up saving himself instead of helping Clem, but Chuck rescues Clem. Chuck tells everyone to go on and he will catch up with them. The group reaches a house and then Kenny and Lee decide to go look for a boat.

You don't find a boat, and the area with the barricade/dead walkers in the entrance to Crawford. Crawford is very dangerous where only the strong are allowed to live, elderly people/children are killed.

The ninja girl attacks you, her name is actually Molly and she is very very helpful and joins the group. You go into the sewers because you get separated from Kenny, Molly, and Clem, and in the sewers you find dead Chuck.

In the sewers you meet a man named Vernon and his group, Vernon is a doctor and the group are all cancer survivors who escaped Crawford. Vernon is the man that everyone thought walkie-talkie man was (it isn't him, we NEVER see walkie-talkie man, only hear from him at the beginning and the end).

Vernon comes to visit the group and they decide they need to break into Crawford to get supplies, because Clem finds a boat hidden in the shed. They need medicine, fuel, and a battery. You sneak into Crawford where EVERYONE has become a walker. You can choose to bring Clem with you or not, I brought her with me even though everyone told me not to (because the only other option is to leave her with Omid who is not doing well).

In Crawford, I guess there are multiple ways you could go but everyone splits up. I ended up going with Molly to find the battery. We got it and later you go into the nurse area where you watch videos of a doctor talking to this girl telling her she must have an abortion or leave Crawford. She stabs him and escapes (you can tell he wanted to sedate her to rape her). Ben also tells you he wants to tell Kenny the truth. I told him to tell Kenny, because I wanted Ben to die (for abandoning Clem and leading to Carley's death).

When the group is escaping by climbing out of Crawford (Ben is an IDIOT, he pulls the hatchet out of the door which was keeping it closed and then all the walkers get inside) Ben tells Kenny and Kenny SNAPS, you can choose whether you want to let Kenny go at back or hold him back. I held him back because walkers were getting in.

Then when they are finally climbing out, Ben falls back and Lee is holding on to him. I was going to save him but then he kept telling me to let him go. Clem was supporting Ben but I let Ben go because he wanted me to and Carley's death was his fault.

You get back to the house and Clem is very upset, I tried to make her calm (twice) but she ends up crying either way.

Whoever says your choices do not matter is an IDIOT - EVERY SINGLE CHOICE YOU MAKE FROM EP1 to NOW WILL MATTER!!!!

The Morning After, Lee wakes up, Clem is gone. Lee goes looking outside and is attacked by a walker, kills it easily but realizes he is bit. If you hide the bite from the group, Lee will go to look for Clem on his own. This is what I did the first time.

The episode ends and it shows the stats for who goes with you into the next chapter (you can go alone, have Christa and Omid go, go with just Kenny, go with just Ben, or go with everyone or some combination). I went alone (because I hid the bite) but then I did a rewind and showed the bite.

Christa and Omid agreed to come with me. Kenny said no. I asked him to again (I was pro-Lilly until Ep.3, then I was wishy washy with Kenny after) and Kenny said that he will not come with me because I never had his back and he leaves. EVERY decision you make matters, if you are pro-Kenny, Kenny will come with you.

Lee goes into the sewers and hears Clem on the walkie-talkie, the man tells you to choose what you say carefully. You can either cuss him, or plead with him, and I begged him not to hurt Clem.

Then it just says: "TO BE CONTINUED".

There is NO preview for the next episode.

Think about all your decisions very VERY carefully, because Clementine is in serious danger, Lee is bit, and this obviously means he is going to turn and die. The first time I didn't show the bite so I went alone, but then I realized if I find Clem I will turn and she will be in serious danger. So I decided to show the bite and get as many people to come -- Christa and Omid came. At least when I die in ep.5 Clementine will have someone..depending on what happens.

• Fuck. Lee got bit. :'(

Clementine gets kidnapped, and... god.

I'm still shaking from the episode, and it SUCKS that Chuck died. When Lee got bit I yelped at the sudden walker.

• @Gijake1 said: Fuck. Lee got bit. :'(

Clementine gets kidnapped, and... god.

I'm still shaking from the episode, and it SUCKS that Chuck died. When Lee got bit I yelped at the sudden walker.

Who went with you into the next episode?

I had Christa/Omid. I wish I could have Kenny too, I want to have as many people as I can because Lee is going to turn. I was pro-Lilly until she killed Carley, and I cussed Kenny every chance I got. After that I only took Kenny's side when I actually agreed with him. I let Ben go because I thought that would bring Kenny around again but obviously it didn't.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 5!! It's obvious the ending will be tragic though...

• @JesseC25 said: Who went with you into the next episode?

I had Christa/Omid. I wish I could have Kenny too, I want to have as many people as I can because Lee is going to turn. I was pro-Lilly until she killed Carley, and I cussed Kenny every chance I got. After that I only took Kenny's side when I actually agreed with him. I let Ben go because I thought that would bring Kenny around again but obviously it didn't.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE 5!! It's obvious the ending will be tragic though...

I went alone, but I saved Ben. I felt pity for him.

• What was up with all the star wars references? I got a bad feeling about this. I promise I won't put a scratch on her. Not a scratch right? I love it. I am going to do the rewind now. See what the outcome is if I let Ben die, and show the bite.

• Ok, my 10 year old posed this question, what if lee's bite is a "dry bite? Didn't see any blood coming out of the bite mark. It's been done in the comic I believe, and obviously been done with Daryl's shoe on the show. I know it's wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened damn, my year old is gonna be fine when Z-day happens lol

• Saved Ben because I didn't want anyone else to die. Sure, the kid isnmt the brightest, but he's got a good heart. Showed the bite. Didn't want to risk other lives and knew Clem would need them. I got everyone to go with me.

Add Comment