User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 7.2K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why are you reading this thread if you haven't finished? Finish!

As for the ep...holy god, that ending. Those choices. I was shaking by the end. I dropped Ben because he begged me to. I told Clem the truth and made her cry. I made Kenny kill the kid in the attack. These choices were killing me.

I'm curious, did anyone leave Clem behind with Omid? If you do that, does Molly die if you don't fire quick enough?

• @Freeze said: I dunno Rick had a leather jacket on did he not? I can only remember him getting "bit" that one time. I hate how Lee got bit. It's really similar to how Dale got bit. Maybe they amputate his arm? This episode was crazy. I don't know how to feel. I want Lee to make it out alive but I know it's impossible. What did you guys say to Vernon about taking Clem? I said no but maybe that might be one of the best options.

I'm so stupid, I meant Dale of course. The game has many parallels with the comic. I beg to every God in this universe, let Lee amputate his arm. I'd literally be speechless if Lee dies.

• @BernkastelWitch said:
    Am I the only one who chose to save Ben? Sure he's well....Ben...but still, I'd rather have everyone I can have to Clementine.

He failed me at a much higher number of times than any one else and twice while with Clem sooooo....F**K HIM !!(Fyi he was the only one from the group[for obvious reasons] who wasn't with me on the end of the Episode.

• @Freeze said: Maybe if you side with Vernon than you can amputate.

Is this a plausible resolution set in The Walking Dead world? I would love an explanation.

• The bite is RIGHT on his wrist. If he cut off his wrist, then the infection wouldn't kill him. It would take forever to heal though, he would be disabled after, and the bleeding may kill him.

What a lot of people do, especially if you get a snakebite, is to make a really tight knot around your arm, so the infected blood can't flow to the rest of your body. If Lee used anything to tie a knot around his elbow, he would have a little more time.

• @Greglead said: What was up with all the star wars references? I got a bad feeling about this. I promise I won't put a scratch on her. Not a scratch right? I love it. I am going to do the rewind now. See what the outcome is if I let Ben die, and show the bite.

I really like Star Wars.

• Also, just wanted to say something that I was just thinking about. I've always hated Lilly so much, but I feel like a small part of me liked her. I actually miss her a lot. Missing a character that you've always loathed? Or that you thought you did? None other than TTG has done this for me before.
    I miss Lilly, Katjaa and Duck so much. And don't even get me started on Carley. ): I miss the original cast so much, yet having this new cast just makes me remember and treasure the old cast even more, and makes me realize that even if I hated some characters, I actually have a part of me that liked them. Anyone else feeling like this as well? I can't say I dislike any character aside from Ben, whom I did feel sympathy for when he begged me to let go.
    No other game has done this for me. Terrific job. I've bought the Season Pass, but I definitely will buy the disc when it comes out because I just love it so much.

• @Christoaster said: Is this a plausible resolution set in The Walking Dead world? I would love an explanation.

I dunno. In the comics Dale survived an amputated leg after a bite. But it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm just pretty torn up about Lee.

• OMG. This has been an INTENSE episode. I love this episode SO much.

I saved Ben because I COULD not let him go. I just couldn't kill him. And at the end, I decided to show my bite to everyone. Christa, Omid, Ben, and Kenny went to go help me find Clementine. The whole group went with me. I heard that if you don't side with Kenny a lot or don't protect his family, he will not go with you. However, I was sort of on balanced with Lily and Kenny. Also, Kenny said that I've helped him save his family many times which made him come with me. Also, I told Ben to come with me, and he said that he is going to prove himself to Clementine and Kenny. Really good episode, can't wait for the fifth one :D

• @JesseC25 said: The bite is RIGHT on his wrist. If he cut off his wrist, then the infection wouldn't kill him. It would take forever to heal though, he would be disabled after, and the bleeding may kill him.

What a lot of people do, especially if you get a snakebite, is to make a really tight knot around your arm, so the infected blood can't flow to the rest of your body. If Lee used anything to tie a knot around his elbow, he would have a little more time.

It does not make a difference if you amputate, if the bite is more than skin deep he is dead, we just got to remember everyone is already infected (Hence the walking dead are the people not the zombies) . Maybe the bite is just a catylst to activating the virus.

Add Comment