User Avatar Image

Your telltale account does not currently have a license.....

posted by chemdog on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Okay, I pre-ordered all 5 episodes, and have downloaded/played the first 3 with NO problem....yet, this time when I went to download episode 4, it says "YOUR TELLTALE ACCOUNT DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A LICENSE FOR THIS GAME. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO THE TELLTALE GAMES WEBSITE TO PURCHASE THE GAME NOW?". What the hell?? Cant get a reply through email and/or telltale on facebook....anybody got a clue??? :confused:

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm at work right now so I can't check, but has the "No license" bug gone away? Can anyone confirm please?

• Getting the no license bug too.

Game loads. Says click to continue. I click, then it says i have no license and then nothing does anything so i have to force quit.

Very annoying.

• For what it's worth, this is now happening to me too (PC, Windows).

Up until now, my issue has been the 0% loaded/no internet connection bug. I tried some of the direct download fixes, but, well, now I'm encountering this one. (If it's not one thing, it's another.)

PLEASE address this, Telltale, I was really looking forward to playing this today (well, yesterday). It's getting difficult poking around the internet to get tech support advice without also stumbling onto Episode 4 spoilers.

• Now i get seemingly randomly either the no license error or it lets me in and when i try and download ep4 it says i have no internet connection and it sticks on 0%.

All other episodes worked fine with no issues at all. I'm on PC in the UK.

Some sort of response from TTG would be nice...

• @VastGirth said: Now i get seemingly randomly either the no license error or it lets me in and when i try and download ep4 it says i have no internet connection and it sticks on 0%.

All other episodes worked fine with no issues at all. I'm on PC.

Some sort of response from TTG would be nice...

"hahahaha we have your money sucker." /TTG

• got mine to work with with the help of the unofficial dl http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33233

Will be rooting for you guys

• That was the first thing I tried two nights ago and it caused the "no license" error.

• I was reading another thread in this forum about Walking Dead issues and thought it would probably be helpful if I posted more information about the error I'm getting:

I'm on Windows 7 and bought the game from Telltale's site. I was unable to download episode 4 via the downloader (No Internet Connection error, referenced fairly commonly in other forum threads) so I downloaded the Episode 4 files through thread #33233.

I put them in, start up The Walking Dead, and was able to get the game to recognize the files. I click "Play" and crash onto the desktop "Walkingdead#1 has stopped working" error. I start up the game again and it's now telling me my account does not have a license for this game.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and as far as I can tell installing Episode 4 via the manual download is what is causing the "No License" error. I can download and play Episode 1 - 3 just fine, but I can't download Episode 4 in-game and when I do it manually the game locks me out. I've tried removing the Walking Dead folder from %UserProfile%Documents/Telltale Games and that removed the "No License" error once for me (I couldn't play Episode 4 after that because I removed the files from the folder so that didn't actually help).

If an admin needs more information from me I'll do my best to supply it, but I hope with a detailed explanation of what is wrong and how I troubleshot it we can get a response from Telltale.

• I went from crashing upon launch to not having a license so I guess that was TTG's progress making this work today. Yippee.

Add Comment