User Avatar Image

Your telltale account does not currently have a license.....

posted by chemdog on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Okay, I pre-ordered all 5 episodes, and have downloaded/played the first 3 with NO problem....yet, this time when I went to download episode 4, it says "YOUR TELLTALE ACCOUNT DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A LICENSE FOR THIS GAME. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO THE TELLTALE GAMES WEBSITE TO PURCHASE THE GAME NOW?". What the hell?? Cant get a reply through email and/or telltale on facebook....anybody got a clue??? :confused:

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay I got Episode 4 working. If you have a firewall and anti-virus software make sure they're not blocking WalkingDead101.exe. I have Comodo so I marked it as trusted in the firewall and safety defense. I also marked it in Microsoft Security Essentials as "Ignore". I then downloaded the files for Episode manually and put it in both %UserProfiles%Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/etc... and Program Files(x86)/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/etc. You can find the correct location in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35870

Hope this works for you guys. :-)

• I have exactly same problem like the rest of you guys. I will try to apply fix in murnshaw's post. Hopefully that'll work.

Still, it is an issue that I hope it will be adressed

• I'm having this problem with getting Episode 1 working let alone Episodes 2-4!
    I pre-ordered the full season way back and have had the same problem since first release. I decided to wait a little while to see if the bugs get worked out, but low and behold Episode 1 still isn't working.

The problem is that it never asks for my Telltale account details, so why is it telling me that my account doesn't have license when it doesn't even know what account to verify with???

I've uninstalled, deleted folders, re-downloaded and reinstalled, but again it never asks for my Telltale account details.

• I found a way to fix this that doesnt involve a reinstall. My problem happened after the program would lock up or crash (mostly while downloading episodes). Upon force killing it and restarting it, I would be presented with the "no license" message for ever after. Until I tried to reset which account was bound to the application. To do that all you have to do is:

1. open up regedit
    2. do a search for telltale, keep pressing F3 (find next match) until you hit a key that looks like: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games
    3. in there you'll see a sub folder called Launcher
    4. within that are two keys named "login" and "pwd". delete these
    5. relaunch the app, re-enter your user and pass and be happy
  • Thank you kevin! I'll try your fix tonight. BTW, i too noticed that the problem started after quitting the game by force.

• thanks a lot,,it worked like a champ

• Thanks Kevin! Your solution totally worked. I got my pizza and beer ready and sat down to play 400 Days only to discover this error. You saved the night!

• Guys! I can''t find it. I tried reinstall it about five times? but still.. I don't know what to do..

• I mean I can't find

""open up regedit do a search for telltale, keep pressing F3 (find next match) until you hit a key that looks like: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games in there you'll see a sub folder called Launcher within that are two keys named "login" and "pwd". delete these relaunch the app, re-enter your user and pass and be happy

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Here are easier instructions to delete the Login data from the registry.

First, open a command window.
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question:
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

Add Comment