User Avatar Image

(PS3)Walking Dead EP.4 Save File(s) Corrupted

posted by Voorhees on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

I was playing through Episode 4 on my first play-through. At 7:05pm CST my game was in the middle of a cutscene when it appeared to auto-save and then freeze. A window popped up and said "Save Data File Corrupted, Will Re-create". After I pressed X nothing happened so I was forced to hard restart my PS3. When I logged back into the game the same message appeared with the option to Press X. I did and when I was able to play again all 3 of my save files were deleted. Two were complete play-throughs up to Episode 3 and the third was complete up to Episode 2. I realize this is a probably a futile effort but I'd really like them back if possible. My PSN ID is Voorhees. Thanks.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i have the same problem. :(

• dude ridiculus. lost all my saves, this game holds zero to no value to me anymore.

• @Thugnasty28 said: dude ridiculus. lost all my saves, this game holds zero to no value to me anymore.

I agree with you! first we have to wait 2 months with little or no communication and when its release we get this bs.... :confused:

• @Thugnasty28 said: dude ridiculus. lost all my saves, this game holds zero to no value to me anymore.

There's still value, it's an awesome game. But man I REALLY don't want to try and remember the 1)"Mean" choices 2)"Good" choices and 3) My choices all over again.

• The same thing happened to me on the PS3. I started playing Episode 4 of The Walking Dead. I got about an hour into it and then the game froze randomly while I was walking around. This weird message popped up saying "Save Data Corrupt" and I had to restart the PS3. When I tried to boot up the game the same data message popped up again, but then I went to "Play Game". I looked and ALL my save data was erased.

14 hours I put into this series and it's all just gone. I bought every episode of The Walking Dead so far and I loved playing it. This sucks. Now I'm afraid to even try playing it over again because other people keep saying that the problem keeps happening to them even after they play it over.

My PSN ID is darkscanner

• User Avatar Image
    MattP Telltale Staff

Hi guys,

I apologize for this issue. Investigating the cause is a top priority and I assure you we are doing everything we can to find a solution.

If someone can do me a favor and please post a screenshot of this message (or the exact text) in this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• @MattP said: Hi guys,

I apologize for this issue. Investigating the cause is a top priority and I assure you we are doing everything we can to find a solution.

If someone can do me a favor and please post a screenshot of this message (or the exact text) in this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

This was the message I had:
    Walking_Dead_Save_Data_Corrupted.jpg

It happened at the beginning of episode 4, when Kenny fell down. (For me it was on my second run)

• so how come this gets a telltale reply but the known and acknowledged steam save game problems havent been commented on in two months?

• @draxx said: so how come this gets a telltale reply but the known and acknowledged steam save game problems havent been commented on in two months?

Agreed.

• I also had this same issue. I had two saves going as my roommate was playing through the game as well. I had already completed chapter 4 without an issue, but as my roommate was nearing the end of chapter 4 he kept getting the "corrupt save, will recreate" message.

He just would press X and carry-on playing until eventually he died and the same message popped up. When he pressed X this time the game just stayed black. If he pressed the ps button, the xmb would pop-up, but otherwise we were stuck. We quit the game and then when we fired it back up again, everything was gone, my save included. It was as if we had never played the game before.

I am definitely interested in hearing if there is any sort of fix for this, but I feel like I am hosed either way since my saves are now gone. Any update to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Add Comment