User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 8K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He COULD HAVE survived if his left arm had been immediately amputated, but it's been far too long since he was bitten for that to work. The group didn't even have anything to cut it off with, so as soon as that walker broke flesh Lee was a dead man.

• Oh and I forgot to mention, how are they going to replace Lee in the announced second season of the game when everyone's grown attached to him and what not?

• I really hope they don't pull something out of their ass and save Lee.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lee as a character, and I'd love to see him survive. But Telltale made a choice when he got bitten. There's no turning back...Or at least, there shouldn't be.

EDIT: I figured the second Season would focus on a different group of Survivors, Juicy.

• @Juicymarmalade said: This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

Telltale is keeping trailers and spoilers closed, so it could go either way, they might let Lee not be bit and it was just a scratch from the plywood that was there, or they could let it be as most think a bite and he will die after he of course has saved Clem who will go with Kenny, Christa and Omid

Which could be seen as justice, he killed someone before the outbreak and now he will "pay" that life back.

But in my opinion Telltale shoots themselves in the foot with that.

I dont get it and for me it will ruin the game, if i wanted to have a bad ending, i would just watch real life.

• @Juicymarmalade said: Oh and I forgot to mention, how are they going to replace Lee in the announced second season of the game when everyone's grown attached to him and what not?

They are probably going to replace the group and have you be someone else.

Stupid idea and who ever thought that one up should just bite himself and turn into a zombie :D

• @JacUK said: Telltale is keeping trailers and spoilers closed, so it could go either way, they might let Lee not be bit and it was just a scratch from the plywood that was there, or they could let it be as most think a bite and he will die after he of course has saved Clem who will go with Kenny, Christa and Omid

Which could be seen as justice, he killed someone before the outbreak and now he will "pay" that life back.

But in my opinion Telltale shoots themselves in the foot with that.

I dont get it and for me it will ruin the game, if i wanted to have a bad ending, i would just watch real life.

Too bad, it's the apocalypse. Not everything goes your way.

• @JacUK said: Telltale is keeping trailers and spoilers closed, so it could go either way, they might let Lee not be bit and it was just a scratch from the plywood that was there

That's an...Awfully odd-shaped Plywood scratch. You know, in several places.

How exactly would that go? Lee just kinda hangs around and waits to turn, and then eventually thinks "Huh, maybe it was just the plywood. Hey guys, wait up."

• @SonnyN18 said: Too bad, it's the apocalypse. Not everything goes your way.

Its a game not a real apocalypse

And in a game the good guys usually wins.

• @Bralef said: That's an...Awfully odd-shaped Plywood scratch. You know, in several places.

How exactly would that go? Lee just kinda hangs around and waits to turn, and then eventually thinks "Huh, maybe it was just the plywood. Hey guys, wait up."

Ya, well its either that or he is immune.

it could also just be a dream, he wakes up sitting in the house and next to him his clem sleeping sound.

Like the one in ep.3 but talk about corny.

• I'm seriously hoping that bite's not fatal. What am I saying? Hell, I just want to Lee to survive.

Add Comment