User Avatar Image

Season 2's character...

posted by ITIATT on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I know this season is not over and should maybe not jump the gun, but do you think we will play as someone from the current group or another random guy with all new characters? If you could skip ahead a few years ( I know they said they couldn't because they dont know where the walking dead universe would be then.) but if they found a way to. I think you should play as an older Clementine.

I know im obviously not the first to suggest it, but I think it would make the most sense. I feel like clem has seen all your actions and she takes that into how she would probably deal with things in the future. So in my opinion it would make sense since she got the way she handles things from lee. ( telltale stated they didn't want a main character where you had to learn a lot of their past from.)

My last opinion is I feel like they need to at least include characters from this season to make the other feel connected. OH AND ONE MORE....would someone please quickly chop Lee's arm off....HURRY...thanks.

What are your opinions? you don't have to agree with mine.

111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tbh I wouldn't wanna play a female protagonist.. I just imagined if I were playing Carley and a man hitting on me in EP3... eww. Naw it would kill a lot for me. Also I want to be the one saving people etc... I don't wanna be some beast-women.

I am totally against playing a female in these type of games and I highly doubt it would be a wise marketing strategy as the huge majority of players are still male.

• If she survives that is....

Sorry, not trying to be a downer but i'm pretty sure Ep5 will end with either Lee or Clem dieing depending what you do.

• If we don't see Clem's family in Ep 5 I think there is a good chance we could play as one of them, most likely her mother, in season 2. That way the stories connect & you finally get that closure that we may not get in Ep 5.

• As I already said in an other post, I think most of the group will end up dead except for Clem, who will get saved by next season group. This gives some kind of linear continuity to the scenario and we would not get all crazy about getting a whole knew crew...

• I'd like to play as someone from the current cast.
    Either that or a whole new storyline from outbreak onwards

Anything else wouldn't really work.
    Anyways naming it Season 2 seems to suggest a continuation of some sort.
    Series 2 would have been more apt if it was to be a new group.

• Maybe we'll play as Clementine as she's grown'd up..

• That's probably the worst idea ever.
    I have no idea why someone would think that's a good idea
    or even want that...

• I think its either still going to be lee if the bite instead is a scratch from the wooden plank right next to where presumably lee got bitten which i doubt, clementine could be the one u play, but i dont think that they will actually jump like 9 to 12 years ahead in time just so u can play clem as she is allready older or barely an adult or a new character and maby just bring the old group into the second season some how.

The thing i realy would like to be in season 2 would be chosing ur gender it would probably be more interesting and they can have conversation differences, but it will take more production time and money to get the actor and ofc all of the lines, but if they maby make 1 episode not maby monthly i wouldnt see any problem in doing so.

• @dubesor said: Tbh I wouldn't wanna play a female protagonist.. I just imagined if I were playing Carley and a man hitting on me in EP3... eww. Naw it would kill a lot for me. Also I want to be the one saving people etc... I don't wanna be some beast-women.

I am totally against playing a female in these type of games and I highly doubt it would be a wise marketing strategy as the huge majority of players are still male.

That's... kind of offensive, you know. I'm not even sure what "some beast-women" is supposed to mean, but when you say, "I want to be the one saving people," is that supposed to imply that women are incapable of saving people? Because I think there are plenty of real-life examples to shoot down that theory.

As for the this marketing idea, (A) even if it's true that most of TWD's players are male, that's still not a terribly good reason to not have a female protagonist, and (B) Resident Evil, Silent Hill 3, Tomb Raider, The Longest Journey, Beyond Good & Evil, and Metroid all say hello. If having a guy hit on your PC really makes you that uncomfortable... well, don't save Doug.

As to the original question, I don't know. I'm not sure I can really see Clementine as the protagonist for Season 2. Not because she's a girl, but I think people want to play an adult character. And that would mean jumping so far ahead in the timeline that it could be kind of disorienting. Not to mention that you then run the risk of contradicting things that might happen in the comic later on.

Now that we more or less know that Lee's not going to survive, I suspect that any Season 2 would revolve around a whole new group of survivors. Then the question is, do we once again follow the new survivors from the beginning of the zombie apocalypse so we can see how those people adapt over time, or will we be picking up right where Season 1 leaves off?

• For some reason while I was playing episode 4 I thought Molly would be a good choice as protagonist in season 2. She looked like she could take care of herself and seemed pretty badass. But, then I realized she died in some people's playthroughs, so I don't think that's going to happen. :(

Add Comment