User Avatar Image

Will ben be useless for episode 5?

posted by Luigi01080 on - last edited - Viewed by 585 users

so i saved ben even though kenny gave me the nod to drop him but will ben stay suicidal or will he be given a badass redemption in the finale?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yes cause i killed him /troll

• He will probably do another stupid thing, like get Clem killed.....

• @Luigi01080 said: so i saved ben even though kenny gave me the nod to drop him but will ben stay suicidal or will he be given a badass redemption in the finale?

I would like him to be usefull, but honestly he should just screw up again. He has not used any of the previous changes he got in the game so it shouldn't be different this time. Without any time for him to improve seems almost unrealistic for him to not screw up.

I saved him purely because Clementine asked, accepting the extra hurt along with it. Also when Kenny nodded to drop him, I knew that I should save him. Kenny's opinion has served me well as my anti-moral compass throughout this game.

• I am holding out the belief that Ben will sacrifice himself to redeem himself in the group.

If you let Ben die it will stop the player from having the "best" outcome.

• He was suicidal because he thought he was a hassle on the group, now that you've saved him, he may be alittle bit more independent, lets face it, he tries his damnest to help out, but just doesn't know How to help out... and screws up more than he helps out, but his heart is in the right place, (As said by tons of others) so hes worth saving, personally I want Ben to live to the end.

And Luigi I don't think Ben should have to redeem himself personally because nothing he did was for the sake of doing bad or getting someone killed, every single time it was accidents.

• I couldn’t let him die.

First because he’s young and incompetent, but kind hearted and willing to help people. He probably went crazy back at the gym when all of his friends got slaughtered. He also saw his not so smart friend Travis being killed as well as his teacher.

He caused the death of people but always involuntarily.

If I could have chosen, I would have left him with supplies and a white weapon to go his own way, when we get (if we ever do) on the boat.

But dropping a kid like that is not right. He didn’t deserve to fall from great height only to be severely injured and eaten alive.

In my game, I left him behind to watch the boat when all the others came with me. I thought it was a good way to put him to the test.

• @Chris-Sabian said: I couldn’t let him die.

First because he’s young and incompetent, but kind hearted and willing to help people. He probably went crazy back at the gym when all of his friends got slaughtered. He also saw his not so smart friend Travis being killed as well as his teacher.

He caused the death of people but always involuntarily.

If I could have chosen, I would have left him with supplies and a white weapon to go his own way, when we get (if we ever do) on the boat.

But dropping a kid like that is not right. He didn’t deserve to fall from great height only to be severely injured and eaten alive.

In my game, I left him behind to watch the boat when all the others came with me. I thought it was a good way to put him to the test.

and If you return to a missing Ben and boat??

• I kinda doubt Ben would just up and get out of there with the boat >_>

He explicitly stated in Episode 3 that he's glad he's with the group, and nothing he's done so far suggests that he would do anything with malicious intent.

• @RoboSheriff said: yes cause i killed him /troll

So Ben will now be a lot more useful in your Ep.5, congrats!

• @WowMutt said: and If you return to a missing Ben and boat??

that's what I thought.

He may just get emotional and vengeful and decide to ride off into the sun set.

Add Comment