User Avatar Image

$12.99 for The Great Cow Race!

posted by Emily on - last edited - Viewed by 502 users

Did everyone see the news?

[quote]Effective immediately, all episodes in the Bone series that sell through Telltale's digital distribution channel will sell for $12.99, to align with current models in other entertainment media. [/quote]

This should be a bit easier to swallow for those who thought $20 was too high. :)

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

well that's good to hear. $13 sounds very reasonable for episodic games like Bone.

• This is absolutely great. :D Of course, I was going to buy the games anyway, even at $20. But now I can spend that money on other goodies on the Telltale website like the t-shirt or Sam & Max signed prints (sure it's not Bone-related, but I already have the one-volume collection). I'm guessing this price is only for future Bone games, right? Like, the Sam & Max game will have a different price. Maybe. Anyway, that's how I read it. And why not charge more for that one? People hunger for Sam & Max. They must FEED! [>:)] ;)

Telltale is really putting these games out quickly. I haven't had a chance to finish reading the first book of Bone, and now The Great Cow Race is coming soon.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think the pricing policy should remain the same for Sam & Max. I see no reason for a different price tag.
    BTW, that's great news!!!!! :D :D :D
    Domenico
    (Italy)

• You don't think Steve Purcell deserves your extra $7 for bringing you JOY and LAUGHTER? You owe him at least that much for the webcomics. Would you say that to his face?

hehe... I'm just kiddin'. But seriously, I wouldn't complain if it stayed at $20 for Sam & Max. At least, at first I wouldn't.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]You don't think Steve Purcell deserves your extra $7 for bringing you JOY and LAUGHTER? You owe him at least that much for the webcomics. Would you say that to his face?
    [/quote]

LOL! Of course, I've already bought the posters from Tantrum Entertainment years ago and I had my shiny S&M T-Shirt from Telltale! :D
    I was just suggesting to Telltale that keeping the same juicy price tag could improve their business. B-)
    Dom

• I do agree that it'll attract a lot more people. $12.99 is MUCH more casual than $19.99. I wouldn't even think twice about spending 13 dollars on games like these. At $20, I might have to wait for the next paycheck, though, but I'd still ultimately get it. But that's because Telltale already stole my heart and several other major body organs.

• [quote]But that's because Telltale already stole my heart and several other major body organs.[/quote]

I saw those lying around the office this morning... I was wondering who they belonged to. :D

EDIT: By the way, this was slipped in under the radar, but if you look at the product page you'll see that the CD price has been reduced to $17.99.

• I'm insanely jealous of you and your new Telltale position (and Jake's and Doug's, too), doing whatever it is you're doing. How long until you're all designing games? ;) :D

• End of the week probably. I just have to figure out how to make Dave and Heather "disappear". :D

Err... did I just say that out loud?

(Thanks, by the way. It is exciting, for all of us. :))

• [quote]End of the week probably. I just have to figure out how to make Dave and Heather "disappear". :D[/quote]

So that explains the flaming computers, I guess...

Add Comment